Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Chester Greenhalgh on You Tube

RocknT

Pretty interesting. Doubt if anyone could build one now for under 3K. Ahh, the good old dazes. My wife is wanting me to build her a 27 roadster now. Maybe I should order the book. Bound to helpful.
Lee

Pretty interesting. Doubt if anyone could build one now for under 3K. Ahh, the good old dazes. My wife is wanting me to build her a 27 roadster now. Maybe I should order the book. Bound to helpful.
Lee
It can still be done if the right donor vehicle is chosen, not including taxes, title, and tags. Around $1500.00 for the extras in N.C.

Pretty interesting. Doubt if anyone could build one now for under 3K. Ahh, the good old dazes.
I was thinking the same thing. When I first saw the book, I thought it was fairly current and was wondering how it could be done. But after watching this, I see it was 1970's dollars or whenever it was originally published. Add a 1 to the beginning of the number and it's probably more accurate.

I was thinking the same thing. When I first saw the book, I thought it was fairly current and was wondering how it could be done. But after watching this, I see it was 1970's dollars or whenever it was originally published. Add a 1 to the beginning of the number and it's probably more accurate.

Must be mechanically inclined to do this for so low amount of money. Plus a good amount of "scrap" steel around for the "extras".
Not possible if you buy a 'Kit" frame combo from a vendor. Some "kit" parts are cheaper to buy than make yourself if no pile of steel is at hand. Steering arms, radius rods, etc-etc I personally found I could buy cheaper than to buy the steel to make them and not to worry about fit and finish as well as welding, which all cannot do. JMHO

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back