Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

chrysler going under,hope my job is safe

hey bill have you heard anything about a second wave coming from chrysler? i heard this is just the first batch and they want to close a total of 1000 dealers.JJ

JJ, I think Chrysler is done with the 789 number. Chrysler presented this number to the bankruptcy court on Thursday. If they had to get rid of additional dealers, this would have been the time to do it. They did tell us that there would be no appeal system for the rejected dealers, that the decision was final. The media puts out a lot of wrong information. There may be additional dealers closing because of finical reasons. There were about 400 Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep dealership that closed over the last 12 months for their own reasons. This is a tuff time right now for almost all dealerships.

Steve, we were told that there were a number of things that were used to make the decisions including MSR, having all 3 brands (Chrysler, Dodge & Jeep), Customer Satisfaction, Facility condition and location, dealer scorecard and if the dealerships were dualed with another manufacturer.
MSR is Minimum Sales Responsibility. Chrysler has a magic formula that is used to determine how many vehicles you should sell each year based off of the number of cars sales that take place in your sales location.
Bill

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back