Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Coil over front suspension

Mike J

I'm looking for pics of coilover front ends, anybody have any?

DropBox
DropBox
coilover%25201.JPG

The black framed car looks like it has both types of suspensions. ???
Orange frame- very nicely done . Thanks

Thanks alot, very good info from that shot. That's how I'm going to do my front end. If you have more pics of the steering box mount or any other pics that you'll share. You can post them or PM me for my email. Thanks, Mike J

Here's my coil front end. The springs are Honda Civic, the shocks are gas filled type for a '75 Pinto, and all the bracketry is home made.:cool: 100_1464.JPG

Mike J: Here are are a few shots showing my cross-steer set up:
I'm using an aluminum Flaming River Vega Box. I mocked it up early (note the temp shock and motor mounts) with the shocks and motor to make sure it all work work together. Its tight (especially in a sbf), but works great.
Bens27157.jpg

Bens27382.jpg

Mike J: Here are are a few shots showing my cross-steer set up:
I'm using an aluminum Flaming River Vega Box. I mocked it up early (note the temp shock and motor mounts) with the shocks and motor to make sure it all work work together. Its tight (especially in a sbf), but works great.
Bens27157.jpg

Bens27382.jpg
Tight is right, very busy in that area.I like the the way you solved the oil sending unit relocation. I'll be locating the rear housing on mine soon.Thanks for the pics. They are all helpful. MJ.

If you want cross steering you might take a look at a Unisteer as well.

It is a bolt up replacement for a Vega box, except it is rack & pinion. I don't have one yet, but those I know that do say they are the best.

TrackTV6 - is that a setup for a deuce?

Who has them, what is the cost? It looks like the left side is only a boot covering the rack and is not attached to any thing, am I correct?

Try a search for unisteer on the internet. And that is correct about the left side not connecting to anything. Pretty low "bump steer" with this setup.

Try a search for unisteer on the internet. And that is correct about the left side not connecting to anything. Pretty low "bump steer" with this setup.
Found it at jegs $386, but i'm going to stick with the vega box from rpm $145. But I will keep it in mind for future updates, if bump steer is an issue. Thanks

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back