Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Coil over front suspension

Cross steering has far less "bump steer" than using the F100, Mustang or Corvair steering box setups unless careful planning goes into the mounting location of the steering box. The cowl steering i'm using will have an undesirable amount of bump steer, but it has the race car look that I want so I'm going to tolerate it. I've seen several T buckets and other street rods with the steering rack mounted directly on the axle and that totally eliminates "bump steer"

I'm looking for pics of coilover front ends, anybody have any?
I'm working on this one and should be done in 3 months. Denny's Rod Shop 23 t body widened 6 inches and turtle deck widened 10 inches. 18 gallon fuel tank dropped into turtle deck, triple train horns with 5 gallon air tank, custom made all polished stainless steel rear axle housing cover, coil over front suspension, Wilwood discs, 383 Chev stroker, polished intake, about 550 HP with Harwood scoop, channeled body over wide custom frame, 18" tread x 15 inch 33" tall rear tires on 15x15 Billet Specialties Wheels, front tires 15x 8 on Billet Specialties wheels, 9 inch Ford trac lok 3.7 with 2800 stall, Flaming River steering throughout with Flaming River dual brake reservoirs mounted in cowl over a Wilwood reverse brake pedal. Custom dash with all Spec gauges. Complete Lokar shifting equipment. Paint will be carrizma pearl/candy by Diamont. Interior will be completely new design with numerous rolled leather bolster tubes in a recliner type bucket laid back seat, 11" high custom made windshield slightly laid back and radiator laid back to match same angle. Recessed license plate hot rod 004.JPG hot rod 004.JPG hot rod 004.JPG
hot rod 007.JPG hot rod 008.JPG hot rod 006.JPG hot rod 011.JPG hot rod 001.JPG

A little different way of skinning the cat. Home brew axle with Pinto front steer spindles, 4 bar axle location and cross mounted track bar. Coilover shocks are homemade with 125# Carrera springs.

A little different way of skinning the cat. Home brew axle with Pinto front steer spindles, 4 bar axle location and cross mounted track bar. Coilover shocks are homemade with 125# Carrera springs.

No updates on the build GAB?

Toughmandave - Beautiful workmanship on that chassis. Everything very low and wide; that thing will look wicked just sitting still. I have to say though, with everything else so low and sleek, that doofy scoop looks out of proportion. JMHO Oh yeah, be careful where you blast those train horns; they are illegal in Florida! The cops here in Brevard County busted people left & right for those until practically nobody has them any more.

Sure thing on the scoop. It may look different when the engine is in place. The tunnel ram and the air scoop box place the scoop considerably higher than shown in the picture. You're right though. I'm going to have to re-evaluate it when the engine gets installed. My plan was to build a t-bucket that was different and really stood out. Ok on the train horns. Hopefully our local deputy's are more understanding when a senior citizen is driving it. I appreciate the comments. dave

I really like those A-arms on the front. It'll be interesting to see how that works visually when everything is complete. Man, an 18 gallon tank - I could sure use one of those!

Jack

I really like those A-arms on the front. It'll be interesting to see how that works visually when everything is complete. Man, an 18 gallon tank - I could sure use one of those!

Jack
The front suspension should work great. The fuel tank is a 12" x 35 and made by Coyote - Gear. They are one of the few who could make me a 12 inch tank so I could carry enough fuel for some travel distances. It also holds about another 1/2 gallon of fuel in a fuel collection box under the tank with a -6an fitting to the external fuel filter on the right rear of the frame. have to polish the tank and SS straps yet. The fuel filler cap is a repo production Moon tri-bar spinner that I had chrome plated by Ogden Plating in Utah. I have to have cover made yet for the tanks fuel sending unit but I have some aluminum fabrication shops nearby. thanks for your comments......David

I'm working on this one and should be done in 3 months. Denny's Rod Shop 23 t body widened 6 inches and turtle deck widened 10 inches. 18 gallon fuel tank dropped into turtle deck, triple train horns with 5 gallon air tank, custom made all polished stainless steel rear axle housing cover, coil over front suspension, Wilwood discs, 383 Chev stroker, polished intake, about 550 HP with Harwood scoop, channeled body over wide custom frame, 18" tread x 15 inch 33" tall rear tires on 15x15 Billet Specialties Wheels, front tires 15x 8 on Billet Specialties wheels, 9 inch Ford trac lok 3.7 with 2800 stall, Flaming River steering throughout with Flaming River dual brake reservoirs mounted in cowl over a Wilwood reverse brake pedal. Custom dash with all Spec gauges. Complete Lokar shifting equipment. Paint will be carrizma pearl/candy by Diamont. Interior will be completely new design with numerous rolled leather bolster tubes in a recliner type bucket laid back seat, 11" high custom made windshield slightly laid back and radiator laid back to match same angle. Recessed license plate View attachment 9522 View attachment 9522 View attachment 9522
View attachment 9517 View attachment 9518 View attachment 9519 View attachment 9520 View attachment 9521
DAMN! I LIKES DAT!:geek::geek::geek::geek::geek::geek::geek::thumbsup:

Thnaks for the link GAB, it looks l;ike I ask about this in 2007 on that post but obviously didn't get back to reading it. Thanks again for the info,I don't have access to the mill anyway .

I'm working on this one and should be done in 3 months. Denny's Rod Shop 23 t body widened 6 inches and turtle deck widened 10 inches. 18 gallon fuel tank dropped into turtle deck, triple train horns with 5 gallon air tank, custom made all polished stainless steel rear axle housing cover, coil over front suspension, Wilwood discs, 383 Chev stroker, polished intake, about 550 HP with Harwood scoop, channeled body over wide custom frame, 18" tread x 15 inch 33" tall rear tires on 15x15 Billet Specialties Wheels, front tires 15x 8 on Billet Specialties wheels, 9 inch Ford trac lok 3.7 with 2800 stall, Flaming River steering throughout with Flaming River dual brake reservoirs mounted in cowl over a Wilwood reverse brake pedal. Custom dash with all Spec gauges. Complete Lokar shifting equipment. Paint will be carrizma pearl/candy by Diamont. Interior will be completely new design with numerous rolled leather bolster tubes in a recliner type bucket laid back seat, 11" high custom made windshield slightly laid back and radiator laid back to match same angle. Recessed license plate View attachment 9522 View attachment 9522 View attachment 9522
View attachment 9517 View attachment 9518 View attachment 9519 View attachment 9520 View attachment 9521

Hey "Meangreen" - Thanks for your comment a while back on the Harwood Scoop looking out of proportion. I took your advice and I am not going to use it. You are right, it looked doofy! Instead I am going to use a March Pro-Fulie chrome air cleaner. March does not make one for a dual Holley set up on a tunnel ram but I am having the base machined to accept the carb spread that the Edelbrook tunnel ram has, 8 3/4 inches. The Pro-fulie has 8 injection stacks coming out of the base and is fairly new on the market. March says they only make about two units a year but only for a 6.375 inch carb center to center spread. So thanks again for the suggestion. The National T-Bucket Alliance is having their Eastern Region Meet later this month (April 2014) in Ocala, FL and I was hoping to have this car done for the show. No such luck. Just too many time consuming things keep coming up. Anyway, the frame is now stripped and getting the welds filled and then will be ready for primer/block sanding/wet sanding. Body is out to an interior guy to install wood for his interior. Maybe I will get this finished in a couple more months.

DropBox
DropBox
coilover%25201.JPG

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back