Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Coil over front suspension

Update on tbucket build. Getting closer to completion. Frame is painted, rear end is mounted, front suspension is complete and installed, rack & pinion installed, disc brakes installed front and rear, train horns-compressor-air tank installed, rear end cover installed. Need to run brake lines next week. Engine and trans goes in next week. I hope I finish this project before I am to old to drive it. Just had my 69th birthday a few days ago and I heard at age 70 things really start falling apart.

Attachments

• hotrod 011.jpg
    hotrod 011.jpg
    923.9 KB · Views: 139
  • hotrod 017.jpg
    hotrod 017.jpg
    832 KB · Views: 136
  • hotrod 016.jpg
    hotrod 016.jpg
    838.9 KB · Views: 127
  • hotrod 010.jpg
    hotrod 010.jpg
    792.9 KB · Views: 131
Really good looking hotrodmanship you have there. I like idea of the fan on the trans cooler. I see you are running the same battery as I am.
Post some pics of the front end when you can.
Lee

tbucket latest 006.jpg tbucket latest 004.jpg Hey "chopped top". Thanks for the comments. Here is a pic of the LF suspension. I'm headed down to Disney World for a couple days and when I get back I'll get the brake lines run and drop the engine and trans in.

Nice setup on the front end. This whole project looks like a fine piece of jewelry going together.
Lee

Man, this is a job scratch building a car! A little wiring and I will be ready to set the body on.

Lookin good there Dave. Can hardly wait to see the finished product. Wiring is the fun part, well another fun part. Its all fun.
Lee

Not to hi-jack the thread Dave . . but is that a chromed cover across the rear end housing that bolts on? or something similar?

Good Looking Car!

Not to hi-jack the thread Dave . . but is that a chromed cover across the rear end housing that bolts on? or something similar?
The rear end cover over the 9" Ford is highly polished stainless steel. It covers about 3/4 of the entire rear end. Only on the front side of the rear end do you see the axle or housing. American Car Craft out of Hudson, FL made it for me. The owner is Rick and his son Camerin built it. It is quite a masterpiece. Two small stainless straps go behind the axle about where the shock supports are and they go around the axle and fasten on to the stainless axle cover. There is no movement of the axle cover in fact it butts up against the chrome air tank. I made the design to cover up the ugly rear end as I knew it would be exposed from behind when I mount the turtle decked body. dave

Finally the radiator and hoses are finished. (Hose Candy Bones upper radiator hose kit) Finally finished the "Air Box" with the March Pro Fuelie air cleaner and starting the wiring.P1060119.JPG P1060120.JPG P1060123.JPG P1060119.JPG P1060120.JPG P1060123.JPG P1060122.JPG

TMD that is some real impressive wrenching you have going on there. Great job.

By-the-way Dave, make sure you have good Hurricane Insurance! Damn, that sure is Purrrdy!

By-the-way Dave, make sure you have good Hurricane Insurance! Damn, that sure is Purrrdy!
Thank you very much. I will get a picture of the body on her shortly. Getting it ready for primer. Just finished installing 180 LEDs underneath, inside the air cleaner and inside the airbox.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back