Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Cruising RPM - whats yours?

I saw something on posting pictures that provided information on the location. Also google earth provides a snapshot of almost any driveway, rooftop shot in America. I guess any efforts to protect your privacy is good.

Most "smart phones" will tag any pics with a gps latitude / longitude unless you tell it not to. A lot of newer higher end cameras will do the same. This will allow folks to see where you were when you took the picture. Seems to cause all sorts of trouble for folks that are "sick" or "injured" and cannot travel yet somehow have their picture taken in some far off location.

The only thing I would be wondering about is trans pressure. The 700 needs a lot of pressure and at just 1500 RPM, and less at lower speed, I would wonder it the pump is turning enough RPM to build enough pressure to keep the trans from slipping and burning up the clutches. I don't know if it will, just wondering if it could. Does anyone know for sure?
The pump is probably putting out enough pressure, question is, is the cable adjusted so as the throttle position for the 1500rpm cruise "tells" the pump to deliver enough to keep the packs locked. You can adjust the cable up to increase the pressure at low throttle openings but the pump absorbs a surprising amount of power as the pressure goes up. Clutch slip is usually felt as a juddering, so I imagine with the converter locked up you would notice it, thats assuming its not the converter lock up slipping. Hmmmm..........................

After driving mine some more I have realized that the 1500 is just to low for my cruising rpm so, I am in the process of potentially setting up a swap with a jaguar mech, my 2.88 for his 3.58 will move my 70mph cruise rpm up to 2075, which should be about perfect for my setup.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back