Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Drag T

madmak

Well we go to the Hamb Drags every year. and have gotten hooked on vintage type drag raceing. We had a '36 cutdown ford (4 door sedan cutdonw to a 2 door) that we were raceing with a 301cid sbc. Ran 11.89 @115. But we want to go FASTER..... so we building this....
dont worry we'll make it safe with a full cage and equepment...

Attachments

• downsized_0125001606a.jpg
    downsized_0125001606a.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 173
Cool :devil: keep us updated :hooray:

Well we go to the Hamb Drags every year. and have gotten hooked on vintage type drag raceing. We had a '36 cutdown ford (4 door sedan cutdonw to a 2 door) that we were raceing with a 301cid sbc. Ran 11.89 @115. But we want to go FASTER..... so we building this....
dont worry we'll make it safe with a full cage and equepment...
Looks like more fun than is legal in most jurisdictions!

Gonna build it like the one in your avatar? I saw a picture of that car somewhere. Just can't seem to find it right now.

Cool :hi:

well... alittle closer.

Attachments

• dragt2.jpg
    dragt2.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 161
  • dragt3.jpg
    dragt3.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 163
When I was a kid I built all the versions of Monograms ''Big T''. The ''Big drag was the only one I didn't follow the destrution sheet for. Always thought it would be cool to build that ''T'' for street use.

Ron

Can anyone I.D. this body and turtle deck as to manufacturer? I'm looking for this body and turtledeck for my project. Thanks! Bob Lintner

Can anyone I.D. this body and turtle deck as to manufacturer? I'm looking for this body and turtledeck for my project. Thanks! Bob Lintner

Way to go.
Gerry

madmak, any updates? :)

Only three comments for ya:

1. Always remember that old fashioned/nostalgia drag racing is WAY more addictive than tobacco
  2. If some is good, more is better, and too much is just about enough
  3. Put a 671 on it and run it on alky

All the best with the project
Cheers
Todd

strating final assemble this weekend, gona try to have it on the track in a few weeks for test runs.

Attachments

• 0531001418.jpg
    0531001418.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 151
  • 0613001120.jpg
    0613001120.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 151
Very cool, go to see its getting finished :)

:thumb:

gary made a few test runs in front of the house. man ... this thing is bad . cant wait to hit the track.

Attachments

• red12.jpg
    red12.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 98

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back