Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

dune buggy coil over shocks

vistin

Has anyone used the dune buggy coil over shocks on their T bucket? My son and I are getting ready to build ours and we might use coil overs on the rear.
Thanks
Steve

Has anyone used the dune buggy coil over shocks on their T bucket? My son and I are getting ready to build ours and we might use coil overs on the rear.
Thanks
Steve
A member here TFever Fred used those shocks and said it was fine.

Hello, i put beetle coil overs ( empi style) one is not strong enough so i put 2 each side and its too much. The springs start sompressing at 100 pounds not strong enough. RPM offered reasonably priced coil overs that are more suited for a T bucket application.Ii will have my coil overs for sale this winter because for shure i am replacing them.
Thanks
Steve

I tried a set because they were inexpensive. The problem is they don't allow spring changes and have very little adjustment. Best if you get a better quality adjustable coilover that allow you to change the spring rate if necessary.

I work with all types of stock springs from many different types of small cars... Anyone can build themselves their own spring/or coil mounts, most of the time I find the shocks need to be in a different location than the springs for good street use (race or track cars are a horse of a different color)... If the springs seem to strong, change the location of the mount to farther forward, or tilt them as needed for travel requirements, and to soften the ride... One must think of the nut cracker affect when it comes to leverage on both springs and shocks,,, also the mounting and length of radius rods... This thinking will explain it all in the long run... Build carefully, and like I suggest, run it naked for at least 1000 miles so changes like the one's you are talking about, can be made before any paint is in the way of good welding and save a ton of time and MONEY!! ... :)

I put vw coilover's on mine, 2 on each side with 3 mounting holes for different height's.one in front of the axle and one behind the axle. I set one of the shocks in the top hole to take the main weight and used the second shock like a overload. I think they look good too.

Similar set up on mine but i have almost no travel seems too strong but the 2 shocks are adjusted to the max. Will try to adjust one at the minimum.
I put vw coilover's on mine, 2 on each side with 3 mounting holes for different height's.one in front of the axle and one behind the axle. I set one of the shocks in the top hole to take the main weight and used the second shock like a overload. I think they look good too.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back