Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Dynatech 772-32510 Vortex Cone Assembly

fatbob

Wondering if anyone has used these dynatech vortex cones to quiet down their Sanderson muffler turnouts or any otherfor that matter. My exhaust is too loud and at times too raspy for my old ears and I'm looking for something to quiet and mellow them down. If anyone has any other ideas, let me know.

I used to sell those years ago. I don't have first hand experience, but they claim a noise reduction of 3-5 db which isn't much, imo. But something is better than nothing...

I use the auger type that speedway carries. I was concerned that they might cause the engine to over heat, but no change. They work well enough that the passengers can have a conversation.

I use the auger type that speedway carries. I was concerned that they might cause the engine to over heat, but no change. They work well enough that the passengers can have a conversation.
That is the same thing that I'm running and I really like them. As Francis said, they emit a nice rumble and conversation is very easy and comfortable.

Jim

do you think running the auger style baffle in front of the existing baffles would work? Maybe even cut the auger baffle down alittle to fit it behind the collector and in front of the existing baffle.

I bought 2-24 inch cherry bombs, cut off the casing and stuffed them in the pipe. Works well and reduces the "raspy" sound.
What he said! Thats the best, easiest way to make a muffler insert. Remember, theres CherryBombs, Thrush, Walker, Purple Hornies and everyone makes the glasspack mufflers, cheap, too.

The augers can be augmented with some abestos wrapping on the auger, held tight with SS wire....

I've found out that even though I'm hard of hearing, if you install the purple hornies inside the tube, when at high rpm, when you let off the throttle, and flowing alot of exhaust with a hi-horse motor, the rumble gets pretty intense. But, thats only when you let off. More of a feel than a sound....

Last edited:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back