Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Engine mount help!

Swampdog

My L/H engine mount separated and the fan cut the neck on the radiator, but that is all fixed.

Now I can't get the right mount because I can't tell them( O'Rielly and NAPA) what year and model I have. I personally never seen any Chevy mount except the three bolt like I have. They show a 4 bolt mount. This is a BluePrint Crate Engine, one piece seal.

Attachments

• Motor Mount  Boss.jpg.jpeg
    Motor Mount Boss.jpg.jpeg
    229.9 KB · Views: 59
  • block tag.jpg
    block tag.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 57
  • .broken mount.jpg
    .broken mount.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 60
I'm with Ron, Looks early model small block. I've got a chart somewhere....

Go grab a 58-82 Chevy/GMC truck mount (from the looks it looks close) at the parts store and look it up, they should have a catalog of that kinda stuff....should have a picture or one in stock, and check the Impalas also, they only made a few billion of the damn things....
The trucks had the 4 holes, but I only think they used 3 of them on the bosses, then you had the Thru bolt....
But then again I've lost quite a few brain cells to the Alky and Nitro fumes....hahaha....
I'm not mistaken, all the motormounts on all the blocks were the same, it was where it attached to the frame was all different. I believe some were thicker for more clearence....

Last edited:
I looked up 1965 Impala with a 327 on O'Rielly's site and that is it. The part that baffles me is the block has GM 5.7 L where I look for the casting number and it is a 1 piece seal (R/H Dipstick). Some of the trucks look the same except they have a fail safe clip on them. This Block must be a Mexican cross breed.
They Store in the next town has 2. I will pickup in the morning.

Thanks,

Swampdog

I think Speedway even carrys them....
91018012_L.jpg

The bosses on the side of the block are the same, except for the later LT1. The old industry number was 2267. Napa sells it as a 602-1054 I think. Don't have any catalogs in front of me, and I need a new bulb for my Fiche machine. Mike is correct the new LS1 is a 4 bolt mount. To the original poster; the 4 bolt mount installs on the frane, a 3 bolt clamshell mounts to the block. Hope this helps.

I personally would not use that mount. Had them once and did the same as you and cut radiator neck and hose, also broke bell housing and tranny mount when it rocked over. Use the new type mounts with the safety fingers built into them. can not remember the part numbers or year of applications, but I did get them from Advance Auto Parts store. Look in their books for pictures.

Use the new type mounts with the safety fingers built into them.
AMEN TO THAT!! I had a mount separate on a '64 BB Vette in heavy traffic many years ago. The motor rocked over and locked the throttle full open. The back tires went up in smoke, drivers ahead were scrambling to get out of the way. Damn near took out three other cars before I was able to turn the key. Why is GM still making defective designs like this? They're probably even worse now, made in China or Bangladesh. No way will I ever use anything other than a solid mount or a mount with safety tabs in a performance vehicle.

Had a BBC [454-450 H.P.] transplant in a '65 impala , nailed 2nd gear 1 nite & mount seperated , de-cored the radiator , jambed the throttle , scary !!! Next day found the mounts w/the safety key at the chevy dealer where I worked then.... IIRC they were for a '70 chevelle ???? BTW , I think I have a set out in the shop , if anyone's interested......
dave

I got the made in China mounts on, but you guys win. I am ordering a set of solid mounts.

I had a 58 Chevy with a 348 that broke the mount. What a racket that made when the fan hit the shroud.

Swampdog

The solid mounts will transfer a surprising amount of engine vibration through the frame, so be prepared for that.

If you are near a NAPA store, ask to see a 602-1127 mount. I think that is a hook-type mount. Then again, it's been 29 years, so my remembery might be shoddy.

The solid mounts will transfer a surprising amount of engine vibration through the frame, so be prepared for that.

If you are near a NAPA store, ask to see a 602-1127 mount. I think that is a hook-type mount. Then again, it's been 29 years, so my remembery might be shoddy.

They say your memory is the first to go with age. That's a dawm lie if you have the mileage I have on my body. No paved roads where I grew up, if you get my drift.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back