Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

exhaust noise

Roger Penske said "Racing is the art of turning money into noise".

A man with a good grasp on the world of professional racing.

However,

My Dad always said Racing was the art of turning noise in to power.....

I love the sound of a well tuned thumpy v8, but the older I get, and the more fart canned hondas that go by, I long for a mute button. I'm even getting tired of the Harley Davidson sound.... but we live on what used to be a quiet rural road close to a lake with bars on each side with live entertainment and a winery, so the weekend warriors just about wear me out in the summer, lol... I just turn up my music and bang on stuff in the shop or create piles of empty brass cartridges. I'm sure the few neibors that I have aren't thrilled, but I'm their landlord, so..... There used to be a miniature modified tractor pull venue across the road and about a mile from my farm. I enjoyed hearing them on Saturday nights. Those days are sadly gone. l love the Prius comment! The other day I saw and heard a late '80's GMC AWD minivan with a stout sounding V8 in it pulling a huge boat... I was impressed and amused. Talk about a sleeper!

Don't loud pipes save lives?:) Me, I actually prefer a nice smooth exhaust tone. Think '72 Corvette tone. Smooth, but just enough "edge" to it.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back