Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Fan Shroud

Johnny

Do these T-Bucket radiators need fan shrouds?? If so, does anyone have some easy ideas on how to make one ? Using a 13 in. SPAL electric fan.
Thanks, y'all

Electric fans usually mount so close and the blade housing shroud effect does not require any further work.
Pullers are reported to do better than pushers. If your radiator size and coolant capacities are in the ball park you should be fine.

Give a little more info 'bout your radiator.... size , thickness , number of tubes [rows]... that being said , a 13" fan sounds a little small .. I'm running a 16" w an aluminum shroud... even idling around town at a cruise where they actually cruise I have no problems.. also , what you're running for an engine plays a role.

dave

Okay, here is a pic of radiator and fan.
100_1234.jpg

Great info and dang good skills! Thank you for helping me learn more cool stuff about working on these hot rods.

I made mine from a sheet of alum from a local supply. Then used my dotco to do some engine turning on it because the surfaced was scratched a bit. also i got all my hardware from ace hardware.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    176.2 KB · Views: 33

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back