Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Federal Front Tires

Keith Bowman

Still gathering parts for my bucket build, I am looking at these SS-657 165/80R-15 Federal radials, both T&H rated for the front of my bucket,($50 each when they decide on the next production run) 4'' wide wheels (i have15 1/2 wide 31'' Hoosiers for the rear) From what i've read on the site seems like the radials might not fat spot like bias ply but they do appear to have two wide grooves that could pick up stones-ouch, Anyone tried these ? what do you think?
Thanks, Keith Bowman

Never heard of Federal. I run radials about that size. No complaints so far.

I hadn't heard of the Federals, but your front and rear tire combo is the same size I run. I'm happy with the way it rides and handles. I'll probably go with the same front tire next time, as the 165's are getting hard to find.

My T has 3x16 tires on spoke wheels. Where do I get replacements that are properly load rated?
I have 3 x16 hallcraft wheels on my T. I just replaced my front tires, for the first time, last week. I began by doing a search on the internet for "tire sizes" which brought up all kinds of number conversion & size charts. Once you decide on the size or sizes that you would like to run, you can then start searching for the actual tire on sites such as Coker or motorcycle tire dealers such as denniskirk.com.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back