Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

First Snow

Same thing here in Overland Park (Kansas City) Kansas this morning. That damn Al Gore really missed this winter forecast big time. Then again, what else would you expect from a politician?

They cannot make up their mind, other than to tell us it is going to snow. One minute, they say we are going to get at least 4" and as much as 6" of snow. An hour later, they are revising their forecast to say we will only get 1" - 3". There was a moon dog, last night, and as the sun came up this morning, it even had a halo, so I think it is probably going to snow. I just hope we don't get a lot. Our temperatures are forecast to be in the lower to mid-40° range, in about a week, so my fingers are crossed that this is winter's last hurrah.

The Hoosiers on the site will know when I say this looks like our IHSAA Boy's Sectional snow that is coming. But things usually settle down after that one, so here''s me, hoping that is the case.

James...You are really going to upset Al Gore with news like this! Actually I think scientist worry about keeping the masses worried in order to keep themselves in a job!
Of course they do. Just like the news reports spend a whole bunch of time distracting us with unimportant stuff while the real news goes unreported.

Of course they do. Just like the news reports spend a whole bunch of time distracting us with unimportant stuff while the real news goes unreported.
It's been miserable here in Ohio, snow, but very cold. next week they claim warmer, but snow and rain every other day... I am ready for spring.... I hope we get a good one this year!

Yeah, if this place had anything to do with CNN or Fox News, every other post would be about ISIS/ISIL/IS, or whatever the group's creators in Washington are calling them this week. Don't ever take a brief moment to enjoy your family and your life, because ISIS is coming, ISIS is coming! Live in fear, because ISIS is coming!

:rolleyes:

The Purdue airport is reporting 7.2" of snow, since 7:00, last evening. And guess who goes back to work, tonight? :x3:

Yeah, if this place had anything to do with CNN or Fox News, every other post would be about ISIS/ISIL/IS, or whatever the group's creators in Washington are calling them this week. Don't ever take a brief moment to enjoy your family and your life, because ISIS is coming, ISIS is coming! Live in fear, because ISIS is coming!

:rolleyes:

"ISIS is coming, ISIS is coming!"

Well I wish they would hurry up as I and a whole lot of my friends are waiting! Thugs are thugs no matter what who they are.

Reactions: RPM
Only got about 1.5" of snow here in Overland Park, KS but my family got snow on top of excising ice in Stone County, AR. I assume you might have seen some of that!
Yep and they are calling for more on Wednesday. I also am using up the last firewood stored on our deck tonight. Guess I'll haul up another rick tomorrow.

"ISIS is coming, ISIS is coming!"

Well I wish they would hurry up as I and a whole lot of my friends are waiting! Thugs are thugs no matter what who they are.

Me too! along with RPM and a few others who are waiting for open season!! Have Guns Will Travel !! I got mine--you got yours? They will not like the snow!

Reactions: RPM
Why is there such a direct correlation between a snow blower's unwillingness to start, and the depth of the last snowfall? :confused: You can't even look at that blower in the summertime, else it will start on its own. 7+ inches of snow and that piece of scrap is useless.

And the forecast is calling for freezing rain to start at about 3:00 AM tomorrow morning. Yippee, flippin'-Skippy.

Why is there such a direct correlation between a snow blower's unwillingness to start, and the depth of the last snowfall? :confused: You can't even look at that blower in the summertime, else it will start on its own. 7+ inches of snow and that piece of scrap is useless.

And the forecast is calling for freezing rain to start at about 3:00 AM tomorrow morning. Yippee, flippin'-Skippy.

It just makes you appreciate your job a little more when done manually.:whistling::);):D

I had a young lad, 40 years my junior, who couldn't move three shovels of snow without stopping to lean on his shovel. I don't think he appreciated it when I pointed out the shovel was made to move snow, and that that was what he needed to be doing with it, rather than leaning on it.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back