Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

First Snow

...and every winter the measles and mumps go through your school with a bunch of kids getting them.
There aren't many of you old enough to remember polio going around. At one time I had two cousins in an iron lung.

now we got a hundred or so cases of measles and no polio. Amazing what science has done.

I was born in '54, so I came in during the closing days of the polio threat. But I know a couple of fellows who did their turns in iron lungs. The sad thing is that both of them are really suffering from the issues that plague older polio victims.

How about chicken pox, is that one still around? I remember being sent home from grade school, with chicken pox. The school was upset, because they wanted my mother to come pick me up, but she didn't drive, so they had to trust me to walk straight home, alone. They didn't want me wandering around, infecting half the neighborhood.

Impetigo was a problem, when I was a tad. It seemed like the biggest issue when my son was in school (he's to be 30, this year) was lice. But then again, that was right in the midst of the hat craze, when everybody and their brother had to be wearing and sharing caps with someone's advertising on them. I never wore hats, and even today, I rarely wear a watch cap, unless temperatures are below zero. I'll wear a watch cap to work tonight, because I know we'll be out throwing salt, but I've just never been big on hats. And I don't have one of those haircuts with the hole in the top, either. ;)

I think its story time... Mike
I thought it was 2 miles up hill backwards both ways, lol, at least that was the story I was told...
Your right about the school cancellation policy now. It seems overly careful. My daughter changed schools after Christmas break, between semesters, and it took over three weeks to get the records transferred because the schools were closed most of the entire 30 day period due to the weather.... I think it's an excuse to extend the school employees vacation and paid time off... The kids are just a marketing tool. jmo. Not to knock all of the schools, there are some very good teachers and coaches, but it could be much better as a system!

...and every winter the measles and mumps go through your school with a bunch of kids getting them.
There aren't many of you old enough to remember polio going around. At one time I had two cousins in an iron lung.

now we got a hundred or so cases of measles and no polio. Amazing what science has done.

Yeah...I grew up though that. Unknown to me to just a few years ago there was a girl my age that spent here entire life if a iron lung. She was enrolled in all of my school grades till we both graduated and I never knew it as she was considered a home school student. She did the same assignments we did and took the same test. I teacher went by her home on a weekly basis and tutored her as needed. I have no idea why I never remembered hearing about her and I might have but just forgot. She came to light a few years ago when she passed away. The local paper wrote a long article about her and really surprised a lot of people myself included. Really makes you stop and give thanks for the many blessings in life you do have. She was a lot stronger person then I think I would have been given those circumstances. I also knew a number of people that were afflicted by polio and some remained in crutches the rest of their lives. Different times for sure. I seem to remember just not to long ago that polio was making a comeback. Hopefully we are smart enough to nip it in the early stages.

George

IF global warming is happening--my arse will be on fire by tonight with the temperature at 10* and the wind chill at 0*. here in N.C. A lot of people that live in colder climates are use to this-- but I'm NOT!! Been to Alaska, know what cold is when you can't go out side by yourself in case you fall down, you can't get back up without help with all the suits you have on. Looked like a Michelin tire man or the marsh mellow man.

If there has EVER been a scam, this is one of global proportions. Where did the big freeze from prehistoric times come from? God? No, it came from the natural changes of the earth which will occur again--some day. Who knows? I hope not to be here when it happens.

The only thing I see wrong is we[people] are not renewing the trees we use as that is what cleans and makes the air we breath. Air quality is bad in more populated areas and more fossil fuel burning to support them. If Government were to limit such crowding, they would lose there income from the cities and towns to keep up with their existence. Hence no progress.

Which came first-the egg or the chicken- the answer will be left to those elected to think for us. Sheeple!

And You Dare Question Him!
frozenal.jpg

Well, the elephant in that parlor is the fact that we no longer send our children to school for education, we send them there for indoctrination.
You nailed it! I hate it, but there is no denying it. We ended up removing our daughter from public school due to the bs. She loved school, always a honor student, talented, gifted classes since first grade, but once she hit high school, there was no more shelter from the garbage. And we "wonder" why America is in decline and being surpassed by third world countries...

My Daughter is a high school History teacher and she can only teach to the test. She has so much more that she would love to tell the kids but her hands are tied.

My Daughter is a high school History teacher and she can only teach to the test. She has so much more that she would love to tell the kids but her hands are tied.
You are correct, I have had conversations with several teachers who tell the same basic tale. The system tries to make everything equal for all, not good, just mediocre and even. The good teachers get frustrated and the smart kids get bored and end up distracted.

...the smart kids get bored and end up distracted.
But you see, bored and distracted is really good for Ritalin and Adderall sales. Says he who danced that dance with his own son, until the doctors tried prescribing Trazadone, allegedly to 'help him sleep'. That was the day we threw out all the pharmaceuticals.

I've suffered ADHD all my life. When I was in school, no one knew anything about ADD, so I was just 'gifted'. It was a different time, and my teachers recognized my potential, and challenged me. Mind how you used to be in trouble for taking home low grades? I would be in hot water if I took home anything less than a B+ grade. About 12 - 13 years ago, they finally tested me for ADD, and it was the most brain-scrambling afternoon of my life. I was so addled, I was afraid to get in the truck and drive myself home. And that is not a joke. I went back to get the test results, and the doctor told me he had been in practice for 8+ years, and I was the first case of AADD he had ever been able to diagnose. His words were, "And wow, do you ever have it!" He was stunned to hear I wanted no medication for the issue. I had lived with ADD for nearly 50 years, so why start taking drugs at that late date?

Between the fantastically high levels of fluoride they put in our drinking water (and why are we the only developed nation still doing that, BTW???), and all the pills the prescribe for our children, it is no wonder this country is in such a state.

Josh, our average temperatures for this time of year are a high of 41° and a low of 25°. Today, it got up to 17°, and tonight's low is forecast to be -3°. Yessir, that is certain and definite evidence to support global warming.

You nailed it! I hate it, but there is no denying it. We ended up removing our daughter from public school due to the bs. She loved school, always a honor student, talented, gifted classes since first grade, but once she hit high school, there was no more shelter from the garbage. And we "wonder" why America is in decline and being surpassed by third world countries...

Home School! My son never stepped into a public school building. Best move ever. Someone asked why we did that and I told them, "No need to go to school to learn to stick up 7-11 stores, I could teach him that crap!" My Fort Worth cop friends all liked that answer as they knew the score. He pretty well took over his own learning program and has never looked back. Way smarter then my ole carcass!

George

Home School! My son never stepped into a public school building. Best move ever. Someone asked why we did that and I told them, "No need to go to school to learn to stick up 7-11 stores, I could teach him that crap!" My Fort Worth cop friends all liked that answer as they knew the score. He pretty well took over his own learning program and has never looked back. Way smarter then my ole carcass!

George
We went that route with my son after middle school, I had mixed feelings about it, my daughter is wired different and is doing well with it. I didn't want to isolate them, but the good kids get trampled under foot in the public schools, and we have a decent district, it's the nature of society and the propaganda machine.

But you see, bored and distracted is really good for Ritalin and Adderall sales. Says he who danced that dance with his own son, until the doctors tried prescribing Trazadone, allegedly to 'help him sleep'. That was the day we threw out all the pharmaceuticals.

I've suffered ADHD all my life. When I was in school, no one knew anything about ADD, so I was just 'gifted'. It was a different time, and my teachers recognized my potential, and challenged me. Mind how you used to be in trouble for taking home low grades? I would be in hot water if I took home anything less than a B+ grade. About 12 - 13 years ago, they finally tested me for ADD, and it was the most brain-scrambling afternoon of my life. I was so addled, I was afraid to get in the truck and drive myself home. And that is not a joke. I went back to get the test results, and the doctor told me he had been in practice for 8+ years, and I was the first case of AADD he had ever been able to diagnose. His words were, "And wow, do you ever have it!" He was stunned to hear I wanted no medication for the issue. I had lived with ADD for nearly 50 years, so why start taking drugs at that late date?

Between the fantastically high levels of fluoride they put in our drinking water (and why are we the only developed nation still doing that, BTW???), and all the pills the prescribe for our children, it is no wonder this country is in such a state.

Josh, our average temperatures for this time of year are a high of 41° and a low of 25°. Today, it got up to 17°, and tonight's low is forecast to be -3°. Yessir, that is certain and definite evidence to support global warming.
You are right on with all the chemicals... It's in everything from the air, water, food. They now want to eliminate farm markets and the like. There is seemingly no legal way to avoid it. One could make the point that it is population control without too much of a stretch in reason. I think it's simpler, pure greed and it's made possible through our system via lobbyists and the like. I have never been one to go to the doctor. I have been strong. If I went, I was carried in, so to speak. Now, my blood is messed up, I get diagnosed with all these sensitivities to gluten, etc... Wtf? It's the garbage they are putting in our food. I try to eat real un processed food and not take meds, I feel much better. It's all about money at the root of it.

It was negative 14 here at midnight on the thermometer, calling for negative 30 with the windchill... Global warming my ass! Just more propaganda to cover some more misdeeds. Jmo.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back