Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

For Sale

I think if you look at it from the current position Mike is in ,he has put a tremendious amount of time into this site. So the new owner will need to have the same amount of time to dedicate to it IE,Retired ,etc. Having an owner with employees to manage has its obvious advantages. Mike i think stressed KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GETTING IN TO. This seems like a venture whoever gets it should take some time to reflect on the time involved to keep this site going or it will be right back here in a year or so. Having said that its unfair for us to surf here for FREE. I had no idea what it takes to run this site. I am embarrassed i have used this site without contributing. When the new owner takes over i will include this site in a monthly contribution as long as i am a member. Please dont view this as a negitive comment its an observation only and not ment to judge anything or anyone!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry to say I'm in the same boat as rooster, but I will do better by the new owner. I look foreward to gettinh home to see what has been posted while I was away.

I too have to admit that I haven't given much thought to the operating expense of a forum. I just assumed they are fairly cheap once up and that advertising kept them running. I have to thank Mike to opening my eyes to how it operates. I do know that it takes a lot of time maintaining any type of active forum or group sever and it can get to be a real load at times. If Mike does find a buyer then I will be glad to help out in a financial way. As for operating it...well as you can see, I still haven't figured out how to add an avitar to my name. If a sale doesn't work out then I think it would be in everyones best interest to chip in and buy it as a group. Then whoever ends up running it would have pretty much a free hand as to how it ran. As long as it kept the same temperment and values that I have seen since I signed on then I see no problem. If it got out of hand then the group would sound off. I don't really think it should ever become a business other then to sell advertising to help pay the bills. If it ever got to where it started making a fair amount of money then we could rethink our position at that time. All in all I think it is just fine as is. We're all grown or almost grown "children" so lets just keep it lite and enjoy ourselves. Whatever the plan, I'm in. My thanks to Mike for doing what he does.

George

mike...can you give us somekind of an update on the progress your making on the sale of the site? thanks......

Ron

I have one offer that I'm not wanting to consider, because I think the new owner would fail to keep the site moving forward.

I have sent further details to one other individual.

You know what I know.

I just want to say You have done an excellent job keeping the site running.
It has been a true enjoyment coming home and checking on what has changed on someones build. It has been a thrill ride just like a roller coaster waiting to be able to see if someone like tfeverfred has recovered.Just want to personally thank you for all the time invested in the best site on the web.
putz(Jim)

thank you ... don't mean to be a pest ... just want to keep this site going....

Ron

Ron, you're not being a pest at all. I understand everyone's curiosity about the future of the site. I'm concerned about it, myself. ;)

I'll try to keep people updated, when I have something to report.

I'm good for few bucks to keep this great site up and running, but please no paypal, there has to be another way.

JC

thanks mike ... howz the T project going?

Ron

Youngster said:
thanks mike ... howz the T project going?

Ron
Yea Mike you wrote the rules about having to post pics.:rulz:So where are the pics!!!!!

let me think here ... you did start a thread on the project, right? is the first test drive gonna be in a kilt??

Ron

Youngster said:
let me think here ... you did start a thread on the project, right? is the first test drive gonna be in a kilt??

Ron
Although the body DOES come in a nice looking box i think we would rather see it on the frame wit wheels and such.That is if its not to much trouble.

In the last couple weeks, I've been swamped with e-mails and Private Messages from countless members, wanting me to retain the T-Bucket Forums.

So here is how this works (and yes, it might seem pretty cold) - I'm going to hang onto the site and keep maintaining the site. For as long as the money holds out. When I get to the end of the month and the cupboard is bare, then I'm going to jerk the plug and that will be the end of it.

I appreciate all the messages of support. I've spent a lot of time, money and effort to get the forums to where they are today. But I'm tossing the future of the site into your laps. If you enjoy the site and want to see it survive, then it will require action on your part, and it is just that simple. The hosting is paid through 30 April. on 1 May, the hosting will be due again and the license on the script we're using in the Technical Articles section will need to be renewed. So here are a couple of links that are going to be vital to the ongoing future of the site.

Donate to our Site

T-Bucket Forums Apparel

At some point in the next few days, I will be closing the forum down for a software upgrade that will take approximately 20 - 30 minutes. If you show up and see the forum is closed, wait about 30 minutes and check back.

Will the forums survive? We shall see...

did all the prospective buyers wash out mike?

Ron

Now I'm confused. In your first post in this thread you wrote "I don't want anyone to dash to the donations page, because I don't want to extend any of my obligations to anyone." With that said I've been holding on to my money. Are you now asking for donations? I'll send one in this evening if you want. Let me know.

Could everyone and you know who u are donate 25 bucks, i will tonight. Why dont we set up a 30day trial and then 25.00 per year. Isnt the NTBA 30 bucks. Would that be enough????? do we need to donate monthly i dont know. Come on you rummys Gas ,grass or ass no one rides for free.

I've been ready to donate, Rooster. I'm just waiting for Mike to say "go ahead."

Ok guys nows is the time to quit talking and start doing so get that paypal card out and lets geter done. I just sent in my 25 bucks and i think i purchased a t shirt mabye 2 im not sure. Mike did i buy a T shirt i had an error on the page having problems with my wireless router ARG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back