Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Front Axle suggestions

Here is Ted's front axle. Should help show what he is talking about.

l_eaf1d8f8e4479d15f3ee703f0f8dd53c.jpg

And another:

l_4c08e6052a014ee2b9f96c8b068512f5.jpg

Thanks Keeper!! I was writing as you posted lol..

You are welcome. Thanks for all the info you provide.

Ok, I am going to spend some time making brackets and such, I toasted my disk sander :fidget: so I have time to make some more roughed out pieces while I save up for a GOOD 24 inch one.

I took a look at Keepers steering arms and I am very impressed!! I have a question about the size of the radius around the mounting holes. What are most people comfortable with? 1/4", 1/2, 3/4"

Thanks

Ok, I am going to spend some time making brackets and such, I toasted my disk sander :fidget: so I have time to make some more roughed out pieces while I save up for a GOOD 24 inch one.

I took a look at Keepers steering arms and I am very impressed!! I have a question about the size of the radius around the mounting holes. What are most people comfortable with? 1/4", 1/2, 3/4"

Thanks

I must apologize gentlemen, instead of the "prefered" radius I should have written RECOMMENDED

I must apologize gentlemen, instead of the "prefered" radius I should have written RECOMMENDED

When I made those I was looking to have the metal surrounding the hole = to the size of the hole. I found info all over the place when I was researching every where from 1/2 the bolt diameter to = the diameter, so I went with the larger of the two.

So for the steering end I am using 5/8 bolt, so I tried to keep 5/8 all the way around the hole, I think I ended up at 9/16. The smaller holes are 3/8 and I had to trim some on the inside of the arms to fit the axle. They are just shy of 3/8.

Those arms still need some finish work, but I was waiting until I got my 2x72 belt grinder :D (I just picked one up a couple weeks ago)

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back