Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Front shocks

butch27

I 'm running Speedway chrome front shocks BUT they only have 4" of travel and I need more in Michigan.. Any sugestions ??

I have the same shocks on mine. Speedway offers those shocks in several lengths, so I guess you get a longer shock and adjust the mounts. Just curious, how do you know you need more travel?

Paint head.jpg

PS - The shocks in the picture are 'upside down' - I have since put them 'right side up' on the advice of some of you. ;)

Last edited:
I have the same Speedway front shocks. Mounted with the rod facing up. They seem to work fine. my problem is I have no rear shocks.
What are you guys using on the rear.

Man, I wish I needed 4" travel. I think mine never move over 2".

You and me both! I think my travel is somewhere close to 3", and the rubber 'witness' washers on the shafts haven't moved more than about 1.5". Maybe I should remove a leaf from my spring . . . :rolleyes:

Gas filled dampers work either way up.

You're right, it would. But I have no leaf "buggy" spring in the rear; just the coil overs. And it's still pretty stiff!

11Chassis painting.jpg

Now I’m confused. You can’t remove a leaf as there are no leaves in a coil over!

I'm talking about removing a leaf from the front spring, where I have the chrome Speedway shocks; ORF was asking about the spring rate for my coil-overs, which are in the rear.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back