Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Fuel Pump

KY_T

I am sure this has been answered before, but I am thinking of putting an electric fuel pump and my T and was wondering if I needed to remove the mechanical fuel pump push rod or leave it in. What affect does it have if it is removed? Does it create an oil pressure problem to take it out?

KY_T

Take it out. No issues. Don't forget to put a bolt or pipe plug in the top bolt hole on the front of the block next to the fuel pump mount pad, otherwise you'll have a leak.

Hey Ron, I been runnin' a Holley blue from day one. At first I told myself the noise from the pump was, umm... reassuring. Now it's just downright annoying!! Is yours loud?

Lee_in_KC said:
Hey Ron, I been runnin' a Holley blue from day one. At first I told myself the noise from the pump was, umm... reassuring. Now it's just downright annoying!! Is yours loud?

Hey Lee...

I also got tired of the noise from my Holley... I changed mine to one of these... can"t even hear it... Edelbrock Quiet Flow

edl-1791_w.jpg

Lee_in_KC said:

No were near as loud as the exhaust. My car is very loud, it pretty much has open exhaust. In TN we don't have a noise law, only that it must have mufflers. So I have 2 4" straight thru racing mufflers on mine. With that, the whine from the blower and the gear drive it is loud.

T-Rex came down from KY to visit. They stayed at a local motel, and was standing outside waiting on us. He said you could hear the car, must have been a mile away.

I've used the Holley red pump on a bunch of cars over the years, and it is weird, but some are noisy and some are quiet. The one on my Jeep truck sounded like an air compressor running, people riding with me would ask "what is that noise." It was mounted on rubber and all , but still loud as h***. But the one on my '23 and on my '27 are quiet. I have to listen when I turn on the key in the '23 to see if it is switched on, and it is hard to hear.

Don't know why some are noisier than others, but they are.:confused:

Don

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back