Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Garage cleaning

Boy that 37 is sweet.
If I ever get back to the US and Im in your area I will bug you like a 5 year old for a ride. You guys have seen my garage in a few pics over the last few months and as someone said...
it looks like a mad professors lab. I just wish we had the space in the UK for double or triple garages to be put with 4 bedroom detached houses. I wish I had your discipline in cleaning up after I have done a job on the rod (That rhymes, dont it) but I do tend to leave stuff around because Im going to use it again the next time. I think thats called being lazy.
I am also really jealous that you have a wash bowl there.

Keep it looking clean buddy, its an inspiration to us untidy guys.
Gerry

Boy that 37 is sweet.
If I ever get back to the US and Im in your area I will bug you like a 5 year old for a ride. You guys have seen my garage in a few pics over the last few months and as someone said...
it looks like a mad professors lab. I just wish we had the space in the UK for double or triple garages to be put with 4 bedroom detached houses. I wish I had your discipline in cleaning up after I have done a job on the rod (That rhymes, dont it) but I do tend to leave stuff around because Im going to use it again the next time. I think thats called being lazy.
I am also really jealous that you have a wash bowl there.

Keep it looking clean buddy, its an inspiration to us untidy guys.
Gerry

If you make here, Gerry, the LEAST that I can do for you is give you a ride in the '37. By the way, Chevrolet never made that body style in '37. We made that from a two door sedan, hence the name, EX SEDAN, on the plate.

Jim

Jim, I was not really saying anything bad about you, but I was about my friend, because he would not drive his car, and you do, I am more jealous of the fact that you will take the time to clean everyday, like they say, I am too lazy for that, and I don't care if the bottom of my car is dirty, it just joins the pack of all my drivers, all dirty on the bottom side... I myself will never change that part of me, I like the dirt, it shows just how much I drive and how much I hate cleaning, I will pay or trade, someone else to do that for me every now and then... Just not my thing :)

If you make here, Gerry, the LEAST that I can do for you is give you a ride in the '37. By the way, Chevrolet never made that body style in '37. We made that from a two door sedan, hence the name, EX SEDAN, on the plate.

Jim

Well you did a great job and should be congratulated. Maybe thats the reason it is so sweet to me.
G

PS Ted. I always liked dirty girls LOL

Dirty girls!!!! WHERE???? :spy: :wow: :hooray:

Ron

I checked out my shop, all I found were cars that don't have my name on the titles. 67RS/SS and a 40 something X-ratrod. I envey you guys that can keep your own in your garage. My project got moved to a different bay to keep the money flow going.......ruggs
67.jpg

40.jpg

I checked out my shop, all I found were cars that don't have my name on the titles. 67RS/SS and a 40 something X-ratrod. I envey you guys that can keep your own in your garage. My project got moved to a different bay to keep the money flow going.......ruggs

Nice, if i could find someone to pay me to work on their car I'd gladly push mine outside. :kiltdance:

I clean up the garage after everyday in the shop. I hate a messy garage!

I will stop in the middle of the day at times to clean things up, usually if I have been drilling, this is to keep the dogs from picking up shavings in their paws.

Paws, and for those without dogs, the shoes tend to like to bring them inside, where the bare feet then pick them up... OUCH! I try to leave my work shoes outside in the breezeway... I just have way too much stuff in my 1800 SQ FT home garage...

Paws, and for those without dogs, the shoes tend to like to bring them inside, where the bare feet then pick them up... OUCH! I try to leave my work shoes outside in the breezeway... I just have way too much stuff in my 1800 SQ FT home garage...

1800 sq foot garage?

Ted, down here thats called a bigger than average house!! The average house size used to be 1200 sq ft, but the McMansion craze took off here too & we are up to about 1600 sq foot now.

Still smaller than your shed tho.

Personally I find it easier to rent an industrial shed in an industrial subdivision as then there are no issues with the local council, no issues with the neighbours, and you can always find like minded folk in an industrial subdivision.

My next door neighbor is also into cars, he builds late stuff and re-sells them, makes good money at it... When we had the house built (1430 sq ft) I wanted a good sized garage, so we had it (1800 sq ft) attached to the house with a 17X30 ft breezeway in between, and it is all under the same Red tiled roof... I should take some pics of what it looks like inside now, as it is pretty much full of cars and way too much STUFF ... If I get rid of ALL the stuff, I would have room to design a whole new chassis...

I have a friend that complains that his wife's JUNK is getting in the way of his STUFF. She, in turn, has the same but opposite complaint about him.

Jim

I have a friend that complains that his wife's JUNK is getting in the way of his STUFF. She, in turn, has the same but opposite complaint about him.

Jim

Look in your closet I bet your wife has more of it then you. What is their obsession with shoes? In a argument with wife do you want to be right or happy?

compromise-closet-space-marriage-divorce-half-hers-demotivational-poster-1285258237.jpg

Now thats a great question. The only thing that seems to stop any girl in their tracks if they complain about car stuff is
Why do you need 6 pairs of BLACK shoes? They are all black and look just the same as each other to me. And no, wheels are not just wheels, honey
Gerry

Gerry, you just stay away from EX JUNK. I'm trying to convince him to adopt me and I don't need any interference until I accomplish my goal. :winkn:

After my son's insignificant other moved out and we got all of her stuff out of the garage, I can once again see the T. Maybe if I can get my son out of here too, I'll actually be able to walk over to the T. I'm not holding my breath...

Look in your closet I bet your wife has more of it then you. What is their obsession with shoes? In a argument with wife do you want to be right or happy?

...and that incredible visual demonstration of "division of property" is one of the major reasons I'm no longer married and probably will never re-marry.

Right on! :fidget:

Gerry, you just stay away from EX JUNK. I'm trying to convince him to adopt me and I don't need any interference until I accomplish my goal. :winkn:

After my son's insignificant other moved out and we got all of her stuff out of the garage, I can once again see the T. Maybe if I can get my son out of here too, I'll actually be able to walk over to the T. I'm not holding my breath...

Yeh but can you compete with a little Oliver Twist, type English guy that can only afford to eat gruel?

gerry

compromise-closet-space-marriage-divorce-half-hers-demotivational-poster-1285258237.jpg

My motto has always been "happy wife,happy life"! If Mama 'aint happy, 'aint nobody happy.

Jim

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back