Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Gas prices, again!

Neshkoro

Last weekend I was in Dubuque, Iowa with my wife for a paddle boat ride down the Missippi and a short overniter.
Gas in Dubuque was $3.54 a gallon; not too bad. We left Dubuque and drove home toward Chicago.
As we entered Galena we stopped for a quick look at a little car show that was in the park there.
One T rat rod and that was about it. Many other nice rides.
Gas in Galena was $3.64 per gallon.
As we continued east the prices continued to rise; 3.99 in Rockford.
A little farther east it was $3.79 a gallon.
Back in the good old Northwest suburbs it was $4.09; down from $4.19 just 2 days earlier!
That's 55 cents a gallon different.
Ya' gotta' love Illinois.

It's funny to see you post this. I pass by one of the cut-rate filling stations, on my way to and from work. And the prices there have been wildly volatile, to a point where I decided to start recording them on a spreadsheet. Since we were up at $4.25/gallon, back on 6 June, we have been as low as $3.14/gallon and then back up as high as $3.89/gallon. Today is just the first day, so I'll check back in a month, or so.

Yeah , $4 .++ a gal. for 93 octane is starting to make me rethink this "great" 10.2 compression engine I built 4 years ago !!

dave

Here in Illinois were paying $4.05 for regular and $4.35 for the good stuff that goes in the bucket.

3.65 here in eastern PA. 3.54 at Sam's club and that's for regular. Do not know what high test is too scared to look.

$3.42 here in Oviedo, Florida.

Jim

$5.25 for a US Gallon here in Winnipeg. Eastern Canada is normally worse. Same old story...taxes and tax-on-taxes. Thank god that I-29 is only an hour away.

Just gone up a bit more down here too, due to a "tax increase" $2.22 per liter, or $8.40 for a US Gallon. About $160 to fill my 6 cylinder daily driver pick-up

We're still watching prices trickling down. But it likely won't last too much longer, as they started orientation for the international students, yesterday. The fall semester begins on 19 August, so we'll be seeing students moving back to campus in the next couple weeks. And I'm sure prices will jump up to reflect it. $3.45/gallon, this morning, on my way home from work.

I feel your pain. Yesterday morning, on the drive home, we were at $3.45. Last night, on the drive into work, we were at $3.75. I knew the campus traffic would rive our prices up, I just didn't think it would happen so soon.

$3.85 this morning in the Western Chicago suburbs, has anybody noticed that the prices are always just a little higher on the weekends and lower mid week?

$3.85 this morning in the Western Chicago suburbs, has anybody noticed that the prices are always just a little higher on the weekends and lower mid week?

The thing with the lower prices in the middle of the week is, they want you to think that you're getting a good deal. Most retail business are a little slow mid week because people blew their wad over the weekend. So to bump mid weeks sales the price comes down. Then come payday the travel or spending cycle starts over again and the price goes back up.

I work for Big Oil and I can tell you one of the problems isn't with the oil co. It's with the state and city taxes that are added at the pump. And its only going to get worse.
Think about how much better gas milage cars are getting now, so if the state was getting 30 cents for every gallon of gas and you went from a 20 mpg car to a 30 mpg car. Thats a big loss of revinue and they'll have to make up for it by raising taxxes and that raises the cost....
The coser you get to the bigger citys= the more taxxes added to the gallon of gas....

The above has some truth to it. In Michigan we pay 2 taxes per gal. The gas tax and a 6% sales tax is included. Oh Plus we have charge of about $200. for large claims that the ins. companies don't have to pay more than $400,000 on ANY lifetime claim.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back