Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Getting the T Bucket done

Has to be from within , you have to enjoy solving problems , you have to take pride in your work , or if like me , you shot your mouth off to evetbody.....now you gotta finish !!

Yeah, what he said; and . . . in my case, getting needled by my fellow St Louis Chapter members. :cool: Going to every event without a bucket gets to be a real drag!:unsure: Plus, I kept dreaming and planning parts of my build, which paid off when it actually came to completing it, with help from chapter members, esp Bill Parisho. Thanks, Bill!

I was motivated until yesterday. A guy I know came to my house in his beautiful '33 Ford 3 window coupe. That body, unfortunately, is way more than I can afford.

I was motivated until yesterday. A guy I know came to my house in his beautiful '33 Ford 3 window coupe. That body, unfortunately, is way more than I can afford.

. . . and that's why we build T-buckets! It's not the dollars per pound, it's the smiles-per-mile!!!

Once I start something, I just refuse to quit. May take longer than anticipated, but quitting isn't an option. As far as this build goes, I do like Spanky does. Down time, is planning and research. I've spent a lot of time, late at night, looking at my build and imagining what the final look will be and if something needs to be corrected, I figure out a way to make it happen. So far, I haven't deviated too far from my initial plan. If all that fails, I pop in my "America Graffiti" DVD.

Then there's this.....

Go to a few NTBA regional events and get a couple ride-a-longs and it will pump you back up. Make a deadline for an event and it will help keep you getting on it. Maybe a regional event near you next year?

Testosterone, caffeine, punks doing burnouts in mustangs, etc...lol... just kidding. If you figure it out, let me know. I used to have ample energy and motivation....not so much now.

If you are a homebuilder like me, you substitute a lot of elbow grease for "store-bought parts". But as you approach the final month or two of your build, you find yourself spending some REAL money to see your dream come true. All those items that you put off until the last minute, i.e. upholstery, custom radiator, rear end gears, belts, hoses, gauges, paint, license plates, insurance, fluids and all the stuff you didn't anticipate, start to add up.........and quickly. It always helps to have the friends that encouraged you along the way, be present at first startup. It's a moment I will always remember.

If you are a homebuilder like me, you substitute a lot of elbow grease for "store-bought parts". But as you approach the final month or two of your build, you find yourself spending some REAL money to see your dream come true. All those items that you put off until the last minute, i.e. upholstery, custom radiator, rear end gears, belts, hoses, gauges, paint, license plates, insurance, fluids and all the stuff you didn't anticipate, start to add up.........and quickly. It always helps to have the friends that encouraged you along the way, be present at first startup. It's a moment I will always remember.
Back when I was building stuff everyday and for other people, my favorite parts were firing up a fresh engine, unmasking a fresh paint job, and watching the tail lights disappear over the hill at the railroad crossing down the road...after getting paid, of course. The money wasn’t the motivation, just necessary.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back