Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Grrrrr

Mike

Apologies for the downtime.

Yet another piece of dung coder left me hanging on the help desk add-on. And the bloody idiot had a knackered uninstall script in his package, which bombed the database. And naturally, the database error would not allow me to log into the database, to manually drop all of the tables. :mad:

All of which means I had to restore the site from a back-up that was taken at 3:00 AM Eastern, this morning. Which means anything posted in the last 16 hours is lost and gone forever. I don't much like it either, but there it is.

I have re-opened the How Do I forum, so you will be able to post about any problems you might be having in that forum.

Don't beat yourself up too bad Mike. I know with you it's personal to be out electroned but once in a great while one gets by you. Just glancing at the recent post from this morning it doesn't look like much is missing from my street level view but from your view it might be a different situation. I sure don't see anyone here giving you the "snake eye." I think I can pretty well say it for all here that we appreciate what you and your moderator team do to keep this forum healthy and safe from strange things. I know I sure do! That's just my take on things so Thanks Again.

George

I appreciate the kind words, more than you might realize. It just rubs my fur the wrong way when someone else's code causes us grief. I do everything I can to make sure this place is a-l-w-a-y-s up and running. But not just running, I want it running smooth, stable, and fast. So, when we suffer an hour of downtime, I take that pretty personally.

As a heads up, there is another upgrade that needs to be made, so that will likely happen in the next day or two. I seem to have caught the head cold of the century, and my energy levels are currently hovering somewhere between zero and I don't give a flying flip. But I'll get to it, so if you arrive here and find the doors closed, just give it 15 minutes and try again.

Back to my herbal tea...

I echo the above. We all enjoy the forum and appreciate the pains you go through to keep it going. Enjoy the tea :)

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back