Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

hello from nashville TN.

My first t bucket build starts now. 283 chevy powerplant and some plans underway.
283 is a great choice, I love the old 283/327 engines, even better if you put the 283 crank in a 327... I have one put back for a future project. I will look forwards to watching your build!

Welcome from Indiana (another Indiana guy!). Yes, please share photos as we love those around here. I agree the 283 was a sweet piece. My first car had one and I loved it!!

Welcome to the forum from Illinois, the second engine I had in my bucket was a 283. It was a big step up from the original used 265 ci I pulled out of an old Chevy PU truck.

update. I picked up 24' of 2x3x .188 for my frame. cut out the pieces with my chopsaw per ccr plans I have and some help from a fella in Kodak Tennessee. Thinkin bout a 10" stretch so I added that to my main frame rails. ccr says 90" so 100" should work. $105.00 worth of steel im choppin on

Reactions: RPM
update. I picked up 24' of 2x3x .188 for my frame. cut out the pieces with my chopsaw per ccr plans I have and some help from a fella in Kodak Tennessee. Thinkin bout a 10" stretch so I added that to my main frame rails. ccr says 90" so 100" should work. $105.00 worth of steel im choppin on

These pics are the Kodak Tennessee body from our mutual friend. It is the 10" stretch. There are a few more pics on my build thread, but these are while I was still mocking it all up. My frame kickup is 4" inside the rear of the body, and when I sit up against the kickup, my legs straight out are still a good 6-8" from the firewall. Mind you I'm only 5'7", but it had TONS of room over a standard body. I Havent regreted the purchase for a millisecond.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 25
Welcome from Nashville as well. I'll be starting my build in February or March depending on work. What part of Nashville do you live in? I'm getting my frame and body from Ron also.

im in Ashland city. bought 30 miles outside of Nashville. I got half the money for my body. cant wait to get up to east ten for my body. frame is cut and ready to weld.

These pics are the Kodak Tennessee body from our mutual friend. It is the 10" stretch. There are a few more pics on my build thread, but these are while I was still mocking it all up. My frame kickup is 4" inside the rear of the body, and when I sit up against the kickup, my legs straight out are still a good 6-8" from the firewall. Mind you I'm only 5'7", but it had TONS of room over a standard body. I Havent regreted the purchase for a millisecond.
That looks like my car. im excited to get back into the ol hot rod game again.

Good thing bout hot rodders is they help each other out. Im buildin my own frame.1/3 the cost and i can say i built that. I hope i can build my own front axle also? Yall keep me posted. Ill do same with my build. I can hear the rollin thunder now.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back