Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hey, gang! It's been a while........ but I'm back!

Hey, there could be a niche for someone to put a plan together to go along with or convert the popular frames... I hope I didn't step on any toes, not my intent.

Reactions: RPM
I'd be surprised if there was a real market for it.
They look really good, but my understanding is they are a complicated package and not all that much fun to deal with in the real world.
NOT speaking from experience...just the feeling I've picked up from various articles and such about them.

My only experience with one was finding a full set up, cage and all, lying on the ground at a friends scrapyard.
Although I could have had it for free, when I really sized it up, it just didn't seem worth the effort of going thru all the bits and pieces that needed rebushing etc.
I think it was one of those things where the expectation doesn't match the reality.
I felt the same way when I finally got to sit in and check out a Countach...my absolute dream car at the time.
That changed pretty quick with realitys intrusion upon my expectations...
and I'm thinking Jag rears are much the same. :unsure:

double post...sorry!

I'd be surprised if there was a real market for it.
They look really good, but my understanding is they are a complicated package and not all that much fun to deal with in the real world.
NOT speaking from experience...just the feeling I've picked up from various articles and such about them.

My only experience with one was finding a full set up, cage and all, lying on the ground at a friends scrapyard.
Although I could have had it for free, when I really sized it up, it just didn't seem worth the effort of going thru all the bits and pieces that needed rebushing etc.
I think it was one of those things where the expectation doesn't match the reality.
I felt the same way when I finally got to sit in and check out a Countach...my absolute dream car at the time.
That changed pretty quick with realitys intrusion upon my expectations...
and I'm thinking Jag rears are much the same. :unsure:

And there ya go.

My frame from Ron/RPM is on it's way! Stay tuned, guys, there's a pic heavy build thread coming. I'll be introducing, "Black Dahlia. If you're a doubter, click the link for a small sampling.

Miss behavin' was behaving!

Ahhh.... memories.

Last edited:
And another link.....

NAKED PICTURES...of Miss Behavin'!

If you're a newb looking for a first account of what's involved with building one of these cars, stay tuned.

Fred: it was good seeing the old posts by Rick . He was a great rodder and of course Thomas. Thomas' car is now owned by one of my friends here in Michigan. ( right down the street). We do drive the heck out off them.

Fred: it was good seeing the old posts by Rick . He was a great rodder and of course Thomas. Thomas' car is now owned by one of my friends here in Michigan. ( right down the street). We do drive the heck out off them.

Yea, seeing posts by Rick brought back great memories. He helped me a lot on that build and I really miss his wisdom and encouragement.

Where this madness began. This is for the new guys, who are wondering about the story of Miss Behavin'. Well, here it is with the highs and tragic lows. Enjoy.

tfeverfred's project

My frame from Ron/RPM is on it's way! Stay tuned, guys, there's a pic heavy build thread coming. I'll be introducing, "Black Dahlia. If you're a doubter, click the link for a small sampling.

Miss behavin' was behaving!

Ahhh.... memories.

Thanks for posting that link. The first pic answered what would probably seem like a trivial question to most, but has bothered me from day one. My plan has been to paint my frame black, with the motor and axles in a separate color (in my case dark green). I don't know why, but for some reason it's bugged me that painting the axles to match the engine would look odd. That pic showed that doing that will actually look cool.

What a lot of you may not know is the the first Miss Behaven was in a bad wreck. Head on with a cop car. Fred was charged with failure to yeild. Finally the truth came out and the police paid Fred to get Miss Behaven fixed.

What a lot of you may not know is the the first Miss Behaven was in a bad wreck. Head on with a cop car. Fred was charged with failure to yeild. Finally the truth came out and the police paid Fred to get Miss Behaven fixed.

Ron...... the cop failed to yield. Crunched my left side front. Best thing to happen, really. She came back better than before, after the rebuild.

That accident was what made me decide to put seat belts in mine. Fred was nearly thrown over the windshield in what was a relatively slow speed crash (Fred might not agree!). My thinking was that that type of accident is what you would most likely be involved in and most likely to walk away from with belts. Anything more serious in a T and you're probably going to sustain injury no matter what you do.

That accident was what made me decide to put seat belts in mine. Fred was nearly thrown over the windshield in what was a relatively slow speed crash (Fred might not agree!). My thinking was that that type of accident is what you would most likely be involved in and most likely to walk away from with belts. Anything more serious in a T and you're probably going to sustain injury no matter what you do.

You're right, I don't agree, because I was there. That said, in my opinion, seat belts to keep you strapped into a car made of glass, with a 10 gallon gas tank, is just plain stupid. I'll take my chances with the ejection. My opinion, my car, my ass. You all have choices to make, when it comes to safety. And honestly, mentioning safety in a conversation about 1,700 lb. cars with V8's wedged in them is....... well........ stupid. sigh

Good luck. Have fun.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back