Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hi , I just joined your site and looking for tips and info

todds8t

It all started with an auction, A 49 Buick straight eight laying on the ground with 3 speed. Guess what ? forty dollars took it home with me, Cheaper than scrap price ! On top of that when i unloaded it i went ahead and hooked up a battery and a fuel line and it fired up and sit there on the floor just purring like kitten. A week or two later my wife tells me that i should look at a craig list add for a bucket. Well now i am the proud owner of a 27 steel body and a rectangular tube chassis. straight axle ,ford rear,complete rolling chassis , wish bone sus. mustang steering box, came with a bunch of sm. block ford stuff that i sold. End result is going to be a straight eight bucket. I havent heard of many of those around so any tips or info would be great, I am looking at transmission options right now to get away from the enclosed drive shaft.

Thanks, I am going for more of a 50s bucket. Wide white walls , flat paint you know what i mean. I just thought that 8 pipes hanging out the side with shorty mufflers and dual carbs would be sweet! I love the sound of individual pipes and eight in row would have to be cool. I am finishing up my el camino right now so its next.

Welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois Todd, as RPM already said, we love pictures.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back