Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hot Rod Bucket

Also, our sponsor RPM (Ron Pope) lives over that way. Look him up just outside of Knoxville in Kodak.

Hmmm, not sure about those little straps, your call. My uncles
Harley slipped a strap and fell over in his trailer on the way back from Florida and scratched up the one year only tank and the labels nor paint are available. HD is a pita about such things. $$$$ I like the wheel nets better. Not being critical, just sharing experience. Be safe!

Hmmm, not sure about those little straps, your call. My uncles
Harley slipped a strap and fell over in his trailer on the way back from Florida and scratched up the one year only tank and the labels nor paint are available. HD is a pita about such things. $$$$ I like the wheel nets better. Not being critical, just sharing experience. Be safe!
True, they may be a little narrow. I might replace them with something wider. Still pondering.

You will love driving your rod in east TN good back roads. My son and I try to go to Shades of the Past Pigeon Forge in September. We only drive a few miles on the interstate and then take 70 all the way. Takes a lot longer but if you are driving a rod what's the hurry. Crossville is beautiful. We are located in White House Tn north of Nashville.

True, they may be a little narrow. I might replace them with something wider. Still pondering.
Wheel net type straps are nice because they cannot slip off of the side of the wheel. I have them for my car dolly and my roll back that I recently sold. There are different grades and prices like everything else. “Truck and Tow” sells professional quality straps, etc... not cheap, but good stuff. I’m sure there are numerous suppliers, just sharing my experience.

Good point fletcherson! I have wheel chalks that snap into the etrack, so I will go to the axle
and use the batwing to keep it from sliding. Using a towel to protect the chrome from the 3"
axle straps, what you think, will it scratch it much ?

You will love driving your rod in east TN good back roads. My son and I try to go to Shades of the Past Pigeon Forge in September. We only drive a few miles on the interstate and then take 70 all the way. Takes a lot longer but if you are driving a rod what's the hurry. Crossville is beautiful. We are located in White House Tn north of Nashville.
This is good to know. Encouraging for sure.

I made a dolly to move my roadster to places when weather is bad. These are the straps I like to use. I kinda doubt they would work on the wide rear tires, but would the front from going anywhere. Then about anything would keep the rears in place.
shopping.png

Good point fletcherson! I have wheel chalks that snap into the etrack, so I will go to the axle
and use the batwing to keep it from sliding. Using a towel to protect the chrome from the 3"
axle straps, what you think, will it scratch it much ?
I use and like them. There are softer, thicker ones that I prefer over the thin nylon type. The nylon ones seem to be more abrasive and more easily get cut by sharp edges. The thicker ones are more expensive. Perhaps a soft cloth, like micro fiber polishing cloth would help protect your chrome. You could easily make sleeves to slide over the axle straps. My daughter likes using her sewing machine for quick projects like that.

I'm using the axles straps with the nylon sleeve, guess I need to look for a nicer padded
sleeve to go over what I have now.

The tie downs as pictured worked great. Car did not move one half inch in any direction. Made it to Crossville, Tn and started unpacking. Got delayed a bit by the China virus but made it through all right. Mostly, the shop is now unpacked and Sally has been unloaded in her new home. Is there anyone near Crossville that is a wiring expert?

I like your car. I really like the stantz. I hope to see it in person sometime since we are both from TN.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back