Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hot Rod Bucket

My old best friend from about 6th grade on was, is, a machinist. He's had two jobs since high school, both in a machine shop and can do about anything but cnc Mill is his specialty. He has made some cool parts for various projects over the years. One of a kind signature pieces. They always add a nice personal touch. Between my fab and design skills and his machine skills, we pulled off some cool ventures... His words.
The very best part was getting to hang in the shop with my brother Jeff for 9 days of the build and shoot the breeze. He is 2400 miles away but for that time in the shop, it was like we were kids again.

Bringing the Hot Rod Bucket back to Florida presently and should be home by Friday. We put another little piece of art on the spring perch, "Sinister Sally"
By the way, the wrench is metric from some toolkit and says "Germany" on it. So much for European hot rods....

20190420_140739_resized.jpg

Got the Stroker motor and tranny in place. Headers bolted on. Grill shell and radiator installed. I am using one of those mini alternators and you can see it in this pic. I had a full size bracket and it is hanging on that. Need to mod it a little to make it work but I think the location works out ok.

Well i guess it depends on how thick they are.. they look fairly thin compared to mine and maybe that's why you need more.

Well i guess it depends on how thick they are.. they look fairly thin compared to mine and maybe that's why you need more.
These are the same thickness as the original ones so they are indeed...quite thin. I still have to build some brackets and squeeze some shocks in there. That will change the way that front spring works I am sure.

mufflers are in.jpeg turn outs next.jpg I have the mufflers installed in the headers and found some 3.5 inch turn-outs from Speedway that fit like a champ, after I weld them on.

Don't weld, put sheet metal screws in inside and bottom as you will have to replace the mufflers eventually.

Good point. I decided to use the "block off" plates that came with the headers. I will cut the center out and weld the turnouts to the plate. The bolts are long enough for me to just bolt them on and sandwich the muffler piece between the header and the turnout.
turnouts.jpg

Success.
homemade turndowns.jpeg
I will probably turn it 90 degrees and point it out instead of down. I heard a rumor that it will make a lot of dirt this way.

Late breaking news. Driveshaft is here.
driveshaft.jpeg
Although the tranny is in the right spot, it is not permanent yet. It is on the list.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back