Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

How to title and register

That is a very good link, Ron.

Jim

I was reading this article today, Can this be applied to T-Bucket frames as well. I think speedway puts a vin an their frames and issues one to you when a car is completed. Does this take all the peperwork out of getting a title issued or is it the same as a reciept.

I'm starting the process to title mine here in Nebraska. So far I've 3 different versions from the DMV as to what I need to do. ( I really enjoyed the one where I have to send a certified letter to myself and answer with a certified letter, again to myself, stating that I built the frame).Now I've got it down to pretty much what is on the SEMA site. Nebraska will pretty much push you into a bonded certificate of title be prepared for negative cash flow. I did not recieve an MSO/VIN from Speedway on the body I got from them. I sent them an e-mail 2 weeks ago and as of today have not recieved an answer, so as to their frames I have no idea but it doesn't hurt to ask. Usually Speedway will respond within 24 hours unless your e-mail falls through the cracks so stay on top of them.

This is what I am reading in the q&a part on the tribute t frame.

Is a certificate of origin included with this purchase?

Asked on 4/26/2011 6:27:52 AM by tavman from Sup, WI
Answers (1) Know the answer? Answer this question
A:

You can get a MSO for your frame it will not come with the frame you will need to call us for one when you are ready to register your car.

Answered on 4/27/2011 9:14:07 AM by Pat from Speedway Motors

The difference between using the reciept and the MSO with vin will vary by state. Where I'm at it will make several hundred dollars difference + the time +the headache. Here their are 2 separate proceedures used between the receipt route and having an actual vin to use. In some instances receipts have to be notarized in this state. The basis is have you paid all applicable taxes, what generates the most fees, what else can they tax or attach a fee too, do you have legitmate ownership, and can ya pay a tax or fee to prove it.
This boils down to know the laws of the state your attempting your build in or if your selling something that will be used in another state know the laws of that state.

Thanks for posting the links Ron, since I'm beginning this process, it couldn't of been more timely.
Again big kudos.:thumbsup:
Steve

Just got my title and registration finished in California. 11 months, 3 weeks and 2 days after I started the process. One example - CHP inspection must be done in your county of residence. This inspection is done only one day each month. If the weather is bad (more accidents) then the CHP cancels all inspections for that month and you need to reschedule. There are many other examples but you get the idea.
John

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back