Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

i got asked an insane question today while i was still 1/2 asleep

came home from work, changed, passed out in bed for a while, woke up to a phone call from a friend

"hey, what would it take to turbo charge an R1?"

I responded in my usual matter of fact manner, discused some details, the topic of discussion changed to another project, and that was the end of it .... went back to napping .... turns out i had forgotten about the convo totaly

so now im sitting here poking around the internet and stumble onto this:

ya know, im all for wild projects, but i like being able to say "im taking it for a spin so i can tune it some" ..... and i dont think im stupid enough for that in this case ... lol

Now I wouldn't do that for the world, but if that sort of power was available and I had the money, 30 - 35 years ago I would. I was so lucky not to have the money when I was a kid or else I might not be here now.:lol:

I think I'll stick to my Harley. :lol:

LumenAl said:
Try a Turbo Hayabusa...

[yt]5-LAQY5ESc4[/yt]

Wheelie to about 140 MPH, then pegs speedo at 220 MPH @ 10,000 RPM and goes to 11,000 RPM! Guessing about 240 MPH!

That's nuts, I about got sick just watching. I just want to cruise around at about 50 to 60 mph. My @#%%'& are just not big enough for that kind of thing.

thomas:)

In my line of work we call those folks "Organ Donors":eek:

I worked a wreck one evening where a 17 year old kid ran his Kawasaki Ninja THRU the back door of an enclosed race car trailer, hit the race car hard enough that it broke loose from the tie-downs, and shoved the nose of the car into the front of the trailer. I literally poured this kids head out of his helmet:sad: the Hiway Patrol estimated speed at impact of over 140 MPH. now remember, the truck and trailer were traveling approx 55 MPH when he hit, so this kid was haulin' some serious ass!!

the invincibility of youth

Vance

LumenAl said:
Try a Turbo Hayabusa...

[yt]5-LAQY5ESc4[/yt]

Wheelie to about 140 MPH, then pegs speedo at 220 MPH @ 10,000 RPM and goes to 11,000 RPM! Guessing about 240 MPH!

I have to say that is the most insane thing I ever seen... I'm sitting here actually feeling sick.

VegasBruce said:
I think I'll stick to my Harley. :)

LumenAl said:
Try a Turbo Hayabusa...

[yt]5-LAQY5ESc4[/yt]

I'll just repeat myself. :eek:

I have to say that I'm impressed that some people actually have the (insert word here) to go out and do that. I have to say what does not impress me is that people do the stunts on public roads. I too ride a sport bike. It goes fast enough for me. To each his own I guess. Just don't involve the innocent people on the highways. Just my 2 cents worth.

PaulR

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back