Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

In need of a dash

Ted Brown said:
They may be plastic, but it is soooo much easier to mount everything to that one panel, then install it in one easy movement and just plug in the gage wiring and switch harness into the main harness, no more bending under a dash, not for my back.. hehe and besides I am lazy, no more work than is really needed, I say :) this is the way Semi trucks do a lot of their dash panels, flop out the whole thing to work on it... That;s where I got the idea years ago...
I agree Ted i thought you were talking about one wire to the aluminum panel to ground all the gauges.Nope you still have to run seperate ground wires to each gauge.

I could be wrong and very well may be, but I was under the impression that the back mounting studs and brackes would also ground the gages, but they may have changed all that too, over the years... This gettin old sucks in many ways..hehe :) but I love the Senior discounts :) too bad you have to ask for them. :(

Ted Brown said:
I could be wrong and very well may be, but I was under the impression that the back mounting studs and brackes would also ground the gages, but they may have changed all that too, over the years... This gettin old sucks in many ways..hehe :) but I love the Senior discounts :) too bad you have to ask for them. :(
The Dolphin gages have studs on the back to mount the gages to a bracket.But the other studs are for Power,Ground,Sending Unit plus a hole for the light.Yep getting old sucks BIG TIME.Some times i forget to ask for the discount.LOL

That is another good point one big hole to mount the gauges to ,,I sure thought that the 2 studs on the mounting bracket that actually hold the gauge was a ground ..I better be sure and read my instructions on this for sure
Thanks Fellas

I would reconsider the one hole therory i was afraid the vibration could start a nasty crack. Also DONT try to get the exact size hole saw the set in the teeth will make the hole to BIG get within an 1/8 and use something ie dremmel to get it on the money that is if you are not using a bezel.

Thats a good shot of a T bucket glass dash thanks Rooster

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back