Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Jag Shocks

Another thought is that the Jag is designed so that at ride height the half shafts are parallel to the ground. The inner and outer pivot points of the half shafts are closer together that those of the LCAs, so they swing in a shorter arc. So if you set up the camber so that it straight up and down at ride height, the tops of the tires are going to be pulled in as the wheels moves above and below ride height. I have a diagram somewhere on my computer that illustrates this. I'll have to look for it.

Now I know there are 2 schools of thought on this. One says the shafts are parallel, the other says the LCA are supposed to be parallel.

I have never been able to figure out which is the "correct" way.

With a full tank of gas, my LCA's are parallel. Though when I swap the springs out that may change.

The Jag service manuals show the half shafts parallel. I have a diagram out of a service manual on one of my computers, but I can't find it. I think GAB posted the originally.

I think that this is the drawing that Lee mentioned.

JagRearEndDrawing-Lee.jpg

One of the first things that jumps out at me in the pictures is how high the upper shock mounts are in relation to the top mounting surface of the center section. If you notice in the drawing, they are actually lower than that plane. It also looks like the radius rods run forward and attach on the side of the frame creating conflicting arcs with the lower control arms. If there is much movement of the lower control arms, the wheelie bars probably will be having problems surviving.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back