Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

johns bucket list

Well my knee has been bothering me so I went to the doc on wed andhe took me out of work for a week to rest it and make an mri appt. so my son set up the frame on some horses and I sat on my stool and my son and I tacked up the boxing plates and braces.
I also ordered my front wheels from summit and 20 hours later they are at my door I was completely shocked it was that fast
John

I got the boxing plates finished and put the body on ,Im going to lower the rear of the body on the frame its to stink bugish for me and also clean up some of the lower edges of the body .
Im just waiting for some parts from Ron then I can put the front and rear end on and mock up height and set motor and trans steering
John

Thank you Ron for the use of the reamer it will be on its way back to you on tue.
now I have a dodge axle with soon to have ford spindles and brakes
John

Happy Happy Happy well sat we went to a new show in town not sure if anyone has heard of it yet
LA Roadster Show wooohooo I picked up front tires 145's ,battery,37 tail lights, license plates aka carpet/firewall,got ideas for headlights which will be either 29 or 33/34 commercial either way the 9 1/2 inch lights black not chrome there kind of pricey $300/$350 ish there was a lady there called the radiator lady boy she was pricey a american eagle t bucket rad. allu. with all the brackets and tranny cooler was $280 anywhere else for same radiator part number and all was $100 bucks cheaper got an idea for color my son says body,frame matte army green with gloss cream/almond wheels/suspension.
Then monday got home and had my spindles and rotors brakes from Ron RPM sitting in my garage now i need to get my but in gear and do mock up getting excited thanks all for advise and help
john

Hi gentlemen well trimmed the body so it is not so stink buggish and mounted the spindles(ford on dodge axle) then mocked up the frame for ride height and mounted motor mounts all in all was a good weekend
john

It that what you do with old encyclopedias????? Looks like a solid support system.

now my next item is the corvair mount does anyone have a close up shot of how the rpm mount is put together it has the L bracket and the small triangle piece with a 45 Im pretty sure I know how it goes but just want to clarify it you can actually see the pieces in the last picture
thanks John

I have had those for 40 years and didnt know what i would do with them they had the great old book smell ,I needed to emulate cushy suspension worked really well I did how ever keep measuring everything 3/4 times over &over

John,

Is that axle sitting level or is that spindle pin actually tapered downward? It could just be the picture angle.

George

I think it is exaggerated by the angle that the photo was taken. Although there should be some downward angle.
Lee

Hey George I havent really looked at the camber, from what I've read they all say the axle may have to be heated/bent a tad to get the camber correct. See my big problem was how was I going to find brakes for a 35 dodge and I happen to come across a post on a web site that said all you need to do is to ream the axle with a ford reamer and the ford spindle with bolt right up you do need to grind the flat area of the king pin for the locking pin wider but I used the dodge king pin as a guide and it all was a piece of cake
john

Sure looks like it to me.

That's a nice find.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back