Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Keepers build

The miller if it is this one would be handy if you had to use it where there was
only 120 volt you can just switch plugs only 90 amps but working on small stuff that is fine. tahtr is nice being able to switch back and forth I have a miller 135 0nly 220 so we borrowed a 110 volt to use at demo derby to build a driveshaft running on a generator.Millermatic 211 907422 Mig Welder Weld 110/230V Autoset

Putz what is the temp getting down to at night there????

50's for the next few days we have had frost a couple of nights already though.

Now your thinkin,Save here and there to put more in your bucket.

I would place an add in the paper or ?? and say you are looking for a good used machine, now you can probably find one around $100, I have seen many at garage sals for that and less that would be great for T Building... Just me... :lol:

Ted Brown said:
I would place an add in the paper or ?? and say you are looking for a good used machine, now you can probably find one around $100, I have seen many at garage sals for that and less that would be great for T Building... Just me... :run:

I have been watching the papers/classifieds and garage sales for a bit, I just missed a Lincoln 255 by about 30 minutes. grrrr

Not much this weekend. Since my new welder was inop, I spent some time doing some maintenance on the shop, tore apart and cleaned the air compressor, cleaned/checked and filled all the jacks. I also fixed the steering on my Sonoma.

Then I spent some time creating the new spring perch for the front of the bucket. I went with 3/8 instead of the 1/4. I just couldn't trust the 1/4!!

I think it turned out alright. I should have the welder tomorrow so I will tack it up and finally get the roller together.

20sep

I also got the spindles and disc brakes mated up.

Finally got some work done today. (The last 3 weekends have been spent car shopping) I got the front perch together and tacked in place, then proceeded to get the rest of the front end tacked in place.

Hopefully tomorrow the rear end will be all tacked up.

http://www.netquickposse.org/photos/index.php?album=bucketℑ=24oct+001.jpg

Its a large pic so I linked it instead.

It finally is starting to feel like a car and not just a bunch of parts!

I am at the point where I need to determine the look I am heading for. I was leaning toward a traditional style with lakester headers build but the tube front axle kind of killed that for me. (maybe the next one :lol: ) I am now leaning toward more muscle car style with some chevy rally rims and sprint style headers. I am seriously considering registering it as a Chevy as there will not be one ford part on this car! (wait the spindles are Ford)

Keeper, it's good to see you are moving forward. It's depressing when you have a pile of parts and nothing that looks like a car. Looks like you have regained momentum.
I have changed direction on what mine will look like several times. Just remember when you get done it will be what you built.

Looks great, keep up the great work.

Eric

So I decided to get WAAAAY ahead of myself tonight. Earlier today I finish welding up my motor mounts and I need to locate the trans mount cross member.

So what better way then to install the engine and transmission to umm make sure everything goes where its supposed to. :)

1novsm.jpg

Of course the rear end is still not attached but I am waiting until I get some wheels and tires so i can get the angles correct.

More shots:
My Photos

My Photos

My Photos

Slowly but surely its getting there. :D

Looks great, Keeper! You got a lot done today.

Keeper,

I had not seen this thread until now and read the entire thing. You have come a long way in a short time and clearly have the talent to do anything needed to get to the finish line. Your project looks great. :thumbsup: "Keeper" up the good work.

I see that you rebuilt the tranny yourself. Something I always wanted to do but never had the guts to dive into. How did you determine what torque converter stall speed to select. I have heard a number of answers to this, but I am really not clear on the topic.

Thanks

I figured it was worth the $150 in parts try it myself. If I screwed up I can always take to the trans shop and let them sort it out. Was a good learning experience, I just bought the Haynes manual for overhauling the 700 and followed along. Was not nearly as hard as I thought. Of course I have not tested it yet!!!

I do not have the torque converter yet. I will probably go with one that is slightly higher then stock. The engine has a mild 262 cam in it so I do not need a very high converter as the power band is only 1300-5600. I will also take the advice of the trans shop owner (family friend) as to what I should get.

I did not realize how messy the garage was until I seen that picture!

That's impressive keeper. Nice to stand back and see the progress isn't it. As for the "mess" ... pffffttttttt ... can't make an omlette with out breaking eggs.

Ron

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back