Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Master cylinder mount and brake pedal questions

Keeper

I should have all my suspension and steering sorted out this weekend and my next item will be the brakes.

What is everybody doing for mounts? Buying? Building? anyone have a set of plans they want to share?

I have thought about power brakes, what does everyone else run? Pros? Cons? I figure manual brakes should be plenty with 4 wheel discs.

I was thinking about using a 1 inch master cylinder but am sort of confuzzeled about pedal placement, through the floor, through the firewall (not sure there is room)

HELP!!

I should have all my suspension and steering sorted out this weekend and my next item will be the brakes.

What is everybody doing for mounts? Buying? Building? anyone have a set of plans they want to share?

I have thought about power brakes, what does everyone else run? Pros? Cons? I figure manual brakes should be plenty with 4 wheel discs.

I was thinking about using a 1 inch master cylinder but am sort of confuzzeled about pedal placement, through the floor, through the firewall (not sure there is room)

HELP!!

I think manual will be fine...and where would you put a booster anyway? As for the mount, I know the under floor is the most popular on a '23. My dad's '27 has a through the firewall mount and my '27 has an underdash (reversed) mount. I don't think either will work well on a '23. RPM makes a mount and pedal assembly pretty reasonably and appears small enough for a T. There are some plans out there like Chester's (T-Bucket E-book above)..that look like they'd work well. We're going this route on our current '23 build--we're going to make the mount, pedal, and pushrod...and come up with a good MC in the 3/4-7/8" range. I don't have my plans developed quite yet (starting with 'ole Chester's) but will have in a few weeks. I'm using a non-power Disc/Drum MC from a Ranger. Works great. Not sure what the best thing to use with Disc/Disc non-power is--Speedway has on for $34 that says it suitable for Disc/Disc.

Keep us informed of your plans

When i bought my T-Bucket it was running some type of old leaky British master cylinder with four wheel manual disc (Corvette rear and what i've been told are VW front). I replaced it with a Wilwood master cylinder. I fabbed up a bracket and bolted it to the frame using the existing bolt holes. It stops great with very little pedal pressure.

HELP!!

Just wondering what you had come up with your brake questions. I kind of have the same questions and wasnt too sure which way to go. I have some time before I need brake hardware but like to have my ducks in a row when I get there.

We have a master cyl mount with master that goes under the floor. We use a 1 1/8" bore master cylinder with a 6.5-1 pedal ratio. We sell a lot of these and everyone seems to like them.

We have a master cyl mount with master that goes under the floor. We use a 1 1/8" bore master cylinder with a 6.5-1 pedal ratio. We sell a lot of these and everyone seems to like them.

I was looking at your setup. I might be ordering that (along with a couple other things) in the near future.

I just sent my gennie rims off to the powder coater, so that pushed the brakes back a month.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back