Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Members Map

Telman2

First, how do we open the members map, it appears as a 1" x 6" strip on my screen. I played with all the buttons I could find but can't open it up to a useful size.

Second did we lose the database for it? I posted my location back when we first got it and know that there was a large group of members on it. This morning I found that there were only a couple of members on it and I was gone.

I see you've added yourself to the map. Does it now appear a bit larger than it did before?

map001.png

And yes, scripts like the member map are something that are considered add-on modifications. So when a conversion is run on an old database with a lot of extra tables, only the core tables are pulled over to the new database. The donation tracker was the same way. I had to copy the logs from that script, to have the donation information available, because XenForo has no built-in donation function. So it is a matter of visiting the map and re-adding yourself. But I think you probably found that rather easy to do. Uncle Goober is getting pretty smart these days and knew exactly where I was located, without me inputting so much as as single letter.

Uncle Goober is getting pretty smart these days and knew exactly where I was located, without me inputting so much as as single letter.

As he did with me. This new software is really very impressive.

I see you've added yourself to the map. Does it now appear a bit larger than it did before?

I hate to be a pain Mike but I'm still having a problem, adding myself to the map was the easy part getting the map to appear larger is where I'm still having a problem. It still appears as a narrow strip on my screen with the members locations on it. If I click around I can get it to go full screen as a google map but without the members locations on it.

Out of curiosity, what version of what browser are you using? And what version of what operating system? I would like to try to duplicate the conditions, if at all possible.

The general guidelines in this post still apply. Always be sure you are running the latest, stable releases of all software.

We've either a case of your browser not rendering the CSS properly, or one other possibility. Have you ever used the Zoom feature on your browser, to make text appear larger? It looks like that function can also create problems with the CSS. If you are zooming pages, restore that setting and see if it helps.

I tried everything you suggested and then some but could never get it to work. I use windows 7 home premium, 6.1.7601 SP 1 build 7061 and FireFox 9.0.1 I also made some of the changes you suggested a while back to speed up FireFox.

I updated my Win 7 box to Firefox 9.01 (and lost a proprietary extension I need for my job :rolleyes:) and checked the Map with it.

map002.jpg

And that is exactly how it looks on this Linux machine, running Firefox 12 Nightly. I cannot duplicate the problem, no matter what I try.

I just rolled the Windows box back to Firefox 8.0.1 and it looks the same. Opera 11.60 looks the same.

Chrome 16.0 looks different -

map003.jpg

Internet Exploder 9 looks different -

map004.jpg

Safari 5.1.2 looks like Exploder.

Have you tried to view the map with Chrome, to see how it looks there?

Out of curiosity, what version of what browser are you using? And what version of what operating system? I would like to try to duplicate the conditions, if at all possible.

The general guidelines in this post still apply. Always be sure you are running the latest, stable releases of all software.

We've either a case of your browser not rendering the CSS properly, or one other possibility. Have you ever used the Zoom feature on your browser, to make text appear larger? It looks like that function can also create problems with the CSS. If you are zooming pages, restore that setting and see if it helps.

Mike, sorry for the delayed reply...I've been out of town.
I'm running Windows Vista...with Explorer 9
Craig

Mike, sorry for the delayed reply...I've been out of town.
I'm running Windows Vista...with Explorer 9
Craig
Nix this last post. You were right about the Zoom feature. I scaled it back to 75% and presto, I'm on the map. Good call Mike, and thanks.
Craig

Well, there's no doubt people can download some material they don't want, but I've never had a problem when I make sure I am downloading an application from the original source. There are loads of places one can go to download Firefox, but when it's available at the same price on the Mozilla site, why go elsewhere? ;)

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back