Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Mirrors

bobs66440

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I'm almost to the point of needing mirrors and was wondering which work best. My windshield frame is the round extruded aluminum style from CCR.

Thanks!

Depending on what room you may have you may be able to use some Harley mirrors. I mounted mine on top of the dash area right behind the windshield post.

Jim

I also have the aluminum frame from CCR. I used their mirrors with a "baseplate" that I milled myself. Note that the CCR mirrors have more adjustment than those sold by most other sources. Otherwise, you'd have to drill the mounting holes at an angle, so the stalks are angled back about 30 degrees. I probably should have done that anyway, but they work OK like this.

Jack

p591698621-3.jpg

p650615960-3.jpg

I'm just wondering if the side mirrors are really needed in a T. I'd like to just have the mirror on the windshield. Clean sides. What do ya think? I do like the Harley mirrors, though.

I would think with all the visibility of a bucket, all you would need is a windshield mount. That is all I have on my roadster, and it works fine. I do double check by turning my head before changing lanes.
Lee

I put 5" convex mirrors on the side using the existing windshield bolt. I don't have a mirror on windshield because mine is so low I figured it would just show my shoulder. I find my side mirrors are too low and are good for seeing what is right next to you but not behind you because the body blocks it out. I would prefer the mirror to be higher but then I'd have to drill mount windshield frame and I'm not to fond of that. Sorry this is the best pic I could find.

Depending on what room you may have you may be able to use some Harley mirrors. I mounted mine on top of the dash area right behind the windshield post.

Jim
Thanks guys! I love the Haley mirror idea, but I dont have the same area available on mine. But I could install them down through the horizontal lip just behind the dash. Hmmm, thanks!

I have tried a couple of versions. I made some clamp on ones for the windshield frame, they sucked, you could see yourself, or the curb, I could never get them set to see what I wanted.

I now have the Mr Roadster side mirrors, they are nice, just far enough out that you can adjust them to see what you like. I still look over my shoulder, but find myself using the mirrors quite a bit. Plus they were required for out safety up here. No rearview required, but at least one side mirror.

2%20Jun%202013%20009.JPG_595.jpg

Plus these allow me to run the wind wings I made.

I am still looking for a decent rearview mirror that does not cost a fortune.

Yep, I'm planning to try one of those. There are a lot of lights here that I can't see through the windshield unless I stop 50 feet back. My big concern is that it won't be very useful in the daytime, only at night when there's more contrast. Did yours get the job done, or was it hard to see? Sorry, don't mean to hijack the thread.

Jack

Yep, I'm planning to try one of those. There are a lot of lights here that I can't see through the windshield unless I stop 50 feet back. My big concern is that it won't be very useful in the daytime, only at night when there's more contrast. Did yours get the job done, or was it hard to see? Sorry, don't mean to hijack the thread.

Jack
It worked well, day or night. I was surprised.

If you get one of those traffic light spotters, get the one that says Guide on it. Do not get the cheap one from Speedway. I had one of those and tossed it in the trash, within one minute of looking at it. The Guide spotter works well once you get it set for your normal driving position. I have them in both my chopped cars.
Lee

Good info....I need mirrors....
Need a laser to shoot those Cameras at those stoplights, or a fog machine....hahaha

Doesn't someone sell a license plate cover that renders the cameras ineffective.

Transparent straight on, but blurred at any angle. I do not have one, but I remembered reading about them. Therefore, I can't tell you if they work or not.

Mark

New
Doesn't someone sell a license plate cover that renders the cameras ineffective.

Transparent straight on, but blurred at any angle. I do not have one, but I remembered reading about them. Therefore, I can't tell you if they work or not.

Mark

They are outlawed in N.C,

On my ''T'' I have 2- 5'' convex chrome mirrors mounted with a L bracket off the windshied splice bolt on the 2 peice windshield. I would like to find 2- 5'' glass mirrors [ not a convex]. On the convex you can not tell the distance something is behind you. Anybody know where you can buy such a mirror ??? NAPA ,O'Reillys or Speedway don't have them?? Maybe they don't make such thing...

Have a glass shop to replace the mirror glass. Not as expensive as you would think.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back