Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Mirrors

Are the convex made from glass or plastic? I have been looking for some plastic convex so I can cut them down to 4". I have some 4" but they are to convex. I can see my passenger and almost my front tire.:rolleyes:
Lee

I think mine are plastic , you can buy them about anyplace. I' am going to a glass place & see if they can put glass in mine . I don't think the body on the mirror is wide enough to place a glass mirror in.

Doesn't someone sell a license plate cover that renders the cameras ineffective.

About two years ago I came up with a method to blind the cameras, but never built it. Last year, I read where someone had built the same type of device and used it successfully. It works based on the fact that still cameras have to operate at a high shutter speed to take a sharp picture of your moving vehicle. That, in turn, requires a flash (strobe) while the shutter is open. That's the flash you see when you go through a monitored intersection or toll booth. To defeat this, you need an electronic detector that triggers on the camera's flash and fires a strobe mounted next to your plate at the same time. The strobe next to your plate causes the camera's image to be grossly overexposed, and all they get is a white frame.

I don't know if any state has made these devices illegal, or if anyone is selling them.

Jack

Yes. Any device that obscures the numbers/letters/state of the licence plate including a frame that covers any of the aforementioned is illegal in N.C..

This device doesn't obscure the plate or it's lettering. It's just a little tiny light mounted nearby. I think the law will need to be much more specific than that to make it illegal.

Jack

The light will be illegal because the camera can't SEE the numbers and letters.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back