Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Missing axle code

Like was said, try a small set of tires off another, even stock car, but smaller in OD, that will lower the gear quite a bit, then just drive normal, not like a racer and see if the problem goes away, but I kinda doubt it, but I have been wrong on engine problems before, I build chassis to stick high HP to engines, not to 'spin' tires... T Rams work fine on the track where you are running WOT from one end to the other, but the street is a horse of a different color all together...

All, I took the bucket to a car show in Keene NH today. It was a beautiful ride both ways but on the way there this morning as the engine was purring away on the highway, I watched the condensation build from the front to back of the tunnel ram and once it was fully covered in moisture, It started to spit at the windshield and I thought of Ted's comments and laughed out load and said to my wife "Ted said T rams sweat a lot and make a mess out of the windshield.
Ted, Thanks for the laugh.

I haven't changed the gears yet because I'm having too much fun to tear it down.... yet. Right now I'm just dealing with it. It starts and runs great. It even idles just fine. (Some say T rams don't idle well). It does however start hard when hot. Some times that's a bit embarrassing. Maybe the timing needs to be advanced a tiny bit. I'll tinker a bit tonight.

The Keene car show had less than 100 cars but I got some good pictures (I'll post later). I was the only bucket but many other rods.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back