Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

modifying the body

Youngn

I already have made my body but was thinking about widening and stretching it for various reasons ( i am 6'3" and am running a manual trans). where do you guys get your glass from and how would you go about cutting the body and moldingthe new parts.

thanks

I had mine widen 6" when it was made. I had the glass shop just make a 6" wide stip of the center of the car. Then split the body down the middle and insert the 6" strip. Glass it in and use some bondo to smooth.

Best place to buy fiberglass, resins, and related components is either from a fiberglass supply house, or a TRUE marine discount store. I'm not talking about a place like West Marine or Boater's World, the stuff they sell comes in those prepackages, and are very expensive. The true marine outfitters sell cloth and mat by the yard, and most sell resin in their own house brand gallon cans. As an example, I pay $ 22 per gallon for polyester resin at a real marine store, and the same quality stuff goes for $ 38 at Home Depot and $45 at West Marine...........and polyester resin is polyester resin.

Look in the yellow pages under fiberglass supplies.

Don

donsrods said:
Best place to buy fiberglass, resins, and related components is either from a fiberglass supply house, or a TRUE marine discount store. I'm not talking about a place like West Marine or Boater's World, the stuff they sell comes in those prepackages, and are very expensive. The true marine outfitters sell cloth and mat by the yard, and most sell resin in their own house brand gallon cans. As an example, I pay $ 22 per gallon for polyester resin at a real marine store, and the same quality stuff goes for $ 38 at Home Depot and $45 at West Marine...........and polyester resin is polyester resin.

Look in the yellow pages under fiberglass supplies.

Don

Try here
RAKA, INC. (772)489-4070
Never bought from here just know they have a ton of stuff.Hope this helps

Rick said:
Try here
RAKA, INC. (772)489-4070
Never bought from here just know they have a ton of stuff.Hope this helps

I use epoxy instead on polyester, but this is where I have been getting it. Pretty good outfit in my opinion. They have glass cloth or mat, any weight, a couple widths, and off the roll by the foot.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back