Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

more pictures please

Here's mine "at speed" on the Tail of the Dragon, US129 in Tenn.

DragonT.jpg

Sure wish it would quit raining so I could go for a spin! We're in a mini monsoon season right now.

Mike

Gerry, just a little "play on words" you might say. The reason the space is blank is at present I don't have one. Sad to say, here in L.A. there aren't a lot of deals to be had as far as rollers or partially finished cars. I keep looking. I belong to the CSOB Club, limited funds and all. Also, as much as I would like to build from scratch, California DMV laws are so restrictive that i really don't know where to begin. Better to have a roller (complete, less engine and trans) that has been previously registered in Cali as a 23 T than try to figure out the registration thing. At least thats my take on things right now, that could change.
Again, car looks good, radiator, well how hot can a car driven on an island in the Atlantic get?

Cheers, John

Mike, that is a beautiful picture of a beautiful car!

Jim

Thanks, Jim. Yours is gorgeous! I never get tired of seeing it.

BTW - Driving the T on the Dragon was great fun. 318 curves in 11 miles!

Mike

Gerry, just a little "play on words" you might say. The reason the space is blank is at present I don't have one. Sad to say, here in L.A. there aren't a lot of deals to be had as far as rollers or partially finished cars. I keep looking. I belong to the CSOB Club, limited funds and all. Also, as much as I would like to build from scratch, California DMV laws are so restrictive that i really don't know where to begin. Better to have a roller (complete, less engine and trans) that has been previously registered in Cali as a 23 T than try to figure out the registration thing. At least thats my take on things right now, that could change.
Again, car looks good, radiator, well how hot can a car driven on an island in the Atlantic get?

Cheers, John

John
The DMV laws in the Uk are getting almost impermiable so your not alone. A number of rods have been kerbsided by the DMV due to incorrect registration here, so its a struggle for all of us.
Last time I went ot Bkersfield it was 95 in the shade. We get that over here on good summer days-- nyou knoe the kind of days you just have to cruise on
G

Here's mine "at speed" on the Tail of the Dragon, US129 in Tenn.

DragonT.jpg

Sure wish it would quit raining so I could go for a spin! We're in a mini monsoon season right now.

Mike

Now thats a good way to spend your time. Hugging the curbs and listening to the exhaust
Gerry

IMG_4749t.jpg

Work in progress ... currently in garage all torn apart for paint and minor fixes.

Sorry dont know how to make bigger

Attachments

• skull lenior.jpg
    skull lenior.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 61
Yes, it is a CCR T ... the windshield is 22" tall.

I thought so. My windshield should be showing up any day now. Actually, I already have a frame that I got a week or so back, but it's 2 piece and 18" tall. Figured I throw caution to the wind and buy 2, so I can pick and choose which one I like. Didn't know how I'd like the 22" or not. I like the way your shield looks. Whole T looks great!

I've accumulated a bunch of parts in the last couple weeks. Hopefully spring isn't too far away so I can roll it out and get some updated pics. Doubt it'll be running this year, but I'm not on any kind of schedule.

sxj61s.jpg

I took about 3 months to fire the engine for the first time from start of construction. Ran around in primer\gel coat for another 4 months working out the bugs. It does not take long to get rolling and it looks like you are over half way there.

Love the wire wheels ... I am looking for a set for mine ... found two guys that "might" be willing to part with a set at a somewhat reasonable price, but haven't heard back from either of them. Wire wheels just make the whole thing look class!

Mine is currently scattered all over the garage ... sanding body parts ... getting ready for paint. My target is April to have everything back together. Planning on going to the Nationals in Colorado Springs in June and Bucket Head Bash in July. I have about 15 more months before I retired for the third time and then it will be 100% T-Bucket!

I had to double check my receipts and notes, cause I wasn't for sure, but I bought those wires 8 years ago. So when I say I'm not on any schedule, I meant it, LOL. They came with the tires, calipers and rotors, but no spindles. Don't recall if it had the caliper brackets with them or not. But I can tell you, they were most definitely NOT a "somewhat reasonable price". Their minty condition was well reflected in $$$$. Had the front wheels before I even had the body.

2qmjm0k.jpg

I had to double check my receipts and notes, cause I wasn't for sure, but I bought those wires 8 years ago. So when I say I'm not on any schedule, I meant it, LOL. They came with the tires, calipers and rotors, but no spindles. Don't recall if it had the caliper brackets with them or not. But I can tell you, they were most definitely NOT a "somewhat reasonable price". Their minty condition was well reflected in $$$$. Had the front wheels before I even had the body.

2qmjm0k.jpg

I,m trying to get in the game,here is a pic of my pile of parts. Ben that pic of you guy,s rollin is outstanding ,we need more action pic,s.
10p7yvp.jpg

Looks like you got the hang of it. Remember, practice makes perfect!

11uxead.jpg

Small hand. Still need to get by and check out the paint and such. Looks so good in pix, I can only imagine in person....

What size tires \ rims are those? ... looks like the ones I would like to have, but haven't found yet ... I think?!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back