Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

mounting problems

Youngn

ok so i am about to try to tackle what i think will be the most difficult part of the build so far. I need to figure out some way to mount three pedals and the steering column in the car. I was planing on running floor mount pedals but i am now thinking against this idea. I am looking for some pics of your guys setups to get some ideas and input.

thanks

brakesys90.gif

180 UNDER DASH BRAKE & CLUTCH PEDAL ASSEMBLIES:​
5220701 180 Brake & Clutch Pedal Assembly Without M/Cs $290.00
5224701 180 Manual With 7/8”Bore Aluminum M/C & Clutch M/C $485.00
5227701 180 Manual With 1” Bore Aluminum M/C & Clutch M/C $485.00​
NOTE: SUPPLIED BRAKE MASTER CYLINDERS ARE FOR DISC/DISC APPLICATIONS AND CLUTCH MASTER CYLINDER IS ” BORE

Study the pic. You could build it. Some of the parts are available off a '74 Dodge van (bell crank).

try ebaymotors.com. Search for Ansen. I cant get online there since Im at work and netnanny doesnt like eBay. Ansen made a dual MC clutch and brake "box" for small cars, its based off of a chevy truck piece from the 60s (I think) Anyway I dont know how great they work, but I know theres always a few of em on there for around a c-note. Any of you Vintage guys remember these?

those ansen pedals looki like the ticket but how did u guys mount them to the firewall being fiberglass?

i think that there was dimensions for the Ansons on the Hamb some time ago but i would think that some one on here will put them up

You might consider glassing in a pair of 1/8" thick angles or channels horizonally to the wooden firewall. Then bolt your petal assembly to those. In a panic stop you can put up a lot of leg/petal force and the angles will help in reducing any firewall deflection. For the best of stiffness I would fabricate a light tubular structure behind the wifewall to hang the petals from. Also makes for a very strong anchor to hang the steering column from.

One other thing to consider. When you put the master cylinders up under the body cowl it gets difficult to check or add fluid. You might want to think about an access panel. This is something I to will have to address this coming year. Wish I was at that point but work has really been taking all my time. When I do get there I will make it available. Good luck.

George

fluidfloyd said:
You might consider glassing in a pair of 1/8" thick angles or channels horizonally to the wooden firewall. Then bolt your petal assembly to those. In a panic stop you can put up a lot of leg/petal force and the angles will help in reducing any firewall deflection. For the best of stiffness I would fabricate a light tubular structure behind the wifewall to hang the petals from. Also makes for a very strong anchor to hang the steering column from.

One other thing to consider. When you put the master cylinders up under the body cowl it gets difficult to check or add fluid. You might want to think about an access panel. This is something I to will have to address this coming year. Wish I was at that point but work has really been taking all my time. When I do get there I will make it available. Good luck.

George

All great suggestions! My steering and brakes are all below the floor so I didn't need to hang anything but a heater, and throttle off my interior firewall... there was some stuff that through bolted for the exterior of the firewall...

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back