Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My Budget Traditional T Build

Thanks. I may end up doing that because I really don't like the color of these.

Anyway, I got the battery box for the pc680 battery fabbed up. It's not real pretty, but it will be hidden and should serve the purpose. I still have to make the hold-down.

Ha ha. Yeah, I kind of over-built it because of the way I'm mounting it. It's going on the inside of the rear kick-up and being attached only by the small end side so I want to keep flex to a minimum.

I got some more work done this week, though not a lot. I clearanced the floor for the driveshaft by cutting a hole and fabbing up a hump and glassing it in. It's going to interfere with my planned seat installation, but nothing I can't work around. I also worked on the fuel tank. I made up some bungs for the sight glass and welded those in along with the fill cap bung. I still have to do the feed at the bottom. Next is to fabricate the mount for it. I'm still engineering that in my head...:thumbsdown:

I'm not going to use these fittings for the sight glass. They are just too long... It's amazing that there aren't any 90 degree 1/8" NPT/1/4" barb brass fittings in any of the stores locally. I had to order them...

It was a huge pain to get all the welds so they didn't leak too! I thought I had good welds initially...until I pressure tested it. Cripes, it took forever, but it's good now.

Last edited:
I got some more work done this week, though not a lot. I clearanced the floor for the driveshaft by cutting a hole and fabbing up a hump and glassing it in. It's going to interfere with my planned seat installation, but nothing I can't work around. I also worked on the fuel tank. I made up some bungs for the sight glass and welded those in along with the fill cap bung. I still have to do the feed at the bottom. Next is to fabricate the mount for it. I'm still engineering that in my head...:thumbsdown:

I'm not going to use these fittings for the sight glass. They are just too long... It's amazing that there aren't any 90 degree 1/8" NPT/1/4" barb brass fittings in any of the stores locally. I had to order them...

It was a huge pain to get all the welds so they didn't leak too! I thought I had good welds initially...until I pressure tested it. Cripes, it took forever, but it's good now.
Good work bob!

Really like seeing all the "how to overcome" parts of these builds. We know there is always going to be some obstacle or something we didn't think of and it's how we overcome it that is so neat to see. Great build thread and keep sharing please!

What psi did you test it at.

Lol yes that's correct. I just chucked them up in the drill press and spun them while holding a grinder against it. Very low tech but it works and it's cheap ( like me!) :rolleyes:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back