Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My Budget Traditional T Build

My rear is an S10, 54" outside drum to drum. The wheels are 8" wide with 3" offset. Between the inner lip of the wheels is 46-3/4". Between the tires is 45-1/2".

My rear is an S10, 54" outside drum to drum. The wheels are 8" wide with 3" offset. Between the inner lip of the wheels is 46-3/4". Between the tires is 45-1/2".

Thanks for the help. The wheels I was intending on using are wheel vintiques smoothies in 15x8 but they only have them in 4" back spacing. I'll have to do a little more hunting. I want to bug you for one more measurement at your leisure. If you were to hang a plumb bob from the back of your body at the top, down to the floor, how far would the centerline of your axle be from that plumb bob line. Trying to figure out how close to hang my rear from the body, and yours looks like real good placement. Since we are using the same rear and wheel size, if I use your measurement I should be jam up and jelly tight! Thanks again!

Thanks for the help. The wheels I was intending on using are wheel vintiques smoothies in 15x8 but they only have them in 4" back spacing. I'll have to do a little more hunting. I want to bug you for one more measurement at your leisure. If you were to hang a plumb bob from the back of your body at the top, down to the floor, how far would the centerline of your axle be from that plumb bob line. Trying to figure out how close to hang my rear from the body, and yours looks like real good placement. Since we are using the same rear and wheel size, if I use your measurement I should be jam up and jelly tight! Thanks again!
No problem. The centerline of the rear axle is 2-1/4" back from the rear-most part of the body (rear top lip).

Just updating the build thread. The steering box was very close to the ground, so I trimmed the bracket 1" and moved it up. Now I have 4" clearance. That should be good. Also played musical chairs with the shifter and ended up with it out of the way in this spot.

Update, I got some fiberglass work done (not my favorite activity!) We fit the windshield posts to the body better and I glassed a PVC tube in the floor to help support the steering column. Next I'm going to glue some 3/4" plywood to the fire wall and design/install the column drop.

Nice piece of work there.

Jim

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back