Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My Home made c-cab !

You have new name with Me fabman.I think you belong in that special group with a chosen few GerryUK,Exjunk,BenT BlownT the last I have seen in person. These are some of my favorites.

Since metalwork and bodywork are what I love to do, I would be interested in knowing what gauge thickness was used on the metal construction of the body and how much it weighs. Going to be heavy. Looks like the build was done quite a few years ago. My guess is England. But, you can surprise me with something new. It's entertaining and I thank you for that, especially when we're living in a world of pain. Thank you for all your hard work on your posting. I always look forward to a new day and an exciting new character.

Since metalwork and bodywork are what I love to do, I would be interested in knowing what gauge thickness was used on the metal construction of the body and how much it weighs. Going to be heavy. Looks like the build was done quite a few years ago. My guess is England. But, you can surprise me with something new. It's entertaining and I thank you for that, especially when we're living in a world of pain. Thank you for all your hard work on your posting. I always look forward to a new day and an exciting new character.

Allen, if you read through the post you will see that he said that the skin tubing was 11ga and the sheetmetal is 16ga. As for the weight, I image there is some heft to the body, but at the overall size of the body and frame, it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

No Limits also states in the first post that he started this build last month, which if you had the free time, isn't an impossible deal. And why would you think this was built in England when he lists he's from Louisiana and there is a Louisiana license plate hanging on the wall? :dunno:

Allen, if you read through the post you will see that he said that the skin tubing was 11ga and the sheetmetal is 16ga. As for the weight, I image there is some heft to the body, but at the overall size of the body and frame, it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

No Limits also states in the first post that he started this build last month, which if you had the free time, isn't an impossible deal. And why would you think this was built in England when he lists he's from Louisiana and there is a Louisiana license plate hanging on the wall? :dunno:

Awesome job! So many pics at one time. Didn't take the time to read. As for the one month, don't think so. See if you can get the guy's name, I'd be interested. Talent deserves credit.

Thank you BenT for your post.....ruggs

Awesome job! So many pics at one time. Didn't take the time to read. As for the one month, don't think so. See if you can get the guy's name, I'd be interested. Talent deserves credit.

Any time you would like to see the day I bought everything I would sure show you... This build was started on 2/4/2011... I have enough people that have been to my shop and can prove it to you.... I really don't care if you believe it are not... I don't have to prove anything to anyone.. As for the rest of the guy's that had something good to say... THANKS... I thought it would be a good idea to post it here.. I have it on five Forums on line... The very first one was Hotrodders.com... Check the dates If you like... Maybe it just isn't worth it here... Good day sir..And You my friend, Was the first to say something like that... It as far as the weight goes.. The car right now is right at 700 lbs... I can pick the back of the car off the ground,, By myself...But then again I'm 6' 238 lbs..Good day..

Note to everyone,
I have been following the NOLIMITS build on another web site and I really think he and his son are doing one hell of a job. And yes it was something like 35 days.

NOLIMITS,
Please, keep it coming. To the best of my knowledge there are only 3 C-cab builds going on on this site. Check out the build of Phanton, his is all glass but I'm sure you will find interest in it........ruggs

Super cool car. I really like the C cabs. I really like the cowl and the front of the C roof. Excellent job in my opinion.

Where abouts are you in Louisiana?

PS: Please keep the updates coming.

No Limits: I for one would like to see you post more pics as you complete this build. This is a super cool build that many here can find inspiration from. You have posted more excellent build pics is one day than some "expert builders" have posted the entire time they have been on this and other sites. I'm not saying that everyone here should have the same skills or even have built their own car, but if you gonna preach and call BS on someone, I say, "put up or shut up".

I've been around long enough. I guess people know who I am. There's no BS coming from this end, but I've sure seen coming from other places. There's been{ 6 or7 } people come on all with different names. I call them different characters, probably from different sites. Any time you've got a question to ask me, shoot away. I can prove what I have to. Not a prob.

Nolimits,

Don't let one smart ass comment ruin your day, it's totally obvious you have NOTHING to prove to anyone. We are thrilled to see all these great pix! Fantastic job!

Corley

Nolimits,

Don't let one smart ass comment ruin your day, it's totally obvious you have NOTHING to prove to anyone. We are thrilled to see all these great pix! Fantastic job!

Corley

If moth balls make snakes and bugs go away, What is there for stupidity, thanks for yor post Corley. It's not just me, other people are seeing it too.............ruggs

Super cool car. I really like the C cabs. I really like the cowl and the front of the C roof. Excellent job in my opinion.

Where abouts are you in Louisiana?

PS: Please keep the updates coming.

Where abouts are you in Louisiana? JMHO

Great build, can't wait for the rest. :thumb:

One month, I can see it. If you have a plan, the materials and a bunch of talent, it doesn't take long to do the actual fabricating. Nolimit has talent, this is a great build.

I have seen this build on another site, not that it makes a difference. A car can be built in a short time if like it's been said, you have the time and skills. I've been involved with one where the builder brought over 2 pick-up loads of parts that he collected in a summer of swap meet and yard hunting. We started the car Oct 1 and he drove it home Christmas eve. It still needed paint and threads which were done before May 1. This is a great build and should help others with theirs. PLEASE keep posting!!!!

Ron

Sure looks like a super great job of metal fabbing to me. keep up the great work, I also know what the quick start does for your build, I went from a assortment to a roller in a 5 day time at my brothers shop and have been finishing everything by hand in my garage up in NW Wis.

I hope to have mine rolling around the block in a couple weeks and get it inspected then, snows melting fast up here now.

Very impressive. Seen this thread on another forum. Only 35 days work, boy thats quick. I like a few of the ideas that you have beyond the normal. Cant wait to see it finished which by your work rate will probably be in 2 weeks time.

Gerry (FadT that was referred to on the other forum)

Thanks.. I'm trying to do my very best on it... I want people to remember this car for a long time... That's my dream... I can say this... It won't be done too soon... My money won't let me finish it anytime soon.. Plus I have a t-bucket I'm helping a friend build..

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back