Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My latest and greatest

How do you filter the air?

That is Sooo Coool !!!

I don't have room for a blower, so I want something like you have!

Tell us more about what it took to make this induction system work .... preparation for ... , fuel pump,
fuel lines, tuning ...etc.
No prep. other than had to change to a Mallory distributor or a small based unit. and Jim Inglese likes a camshaft with wide lob centers no overlap, I had that already installed when I rebuilt the engine, and I used the same mechanical pump I had on there just have to use a regulator, Webers take low pressure 3 1/2# max. I did have to re plumb the fuel lines on the intake as the old ones leaked (see me feeling the fuel line, it was the last one I replaced). I did work on Vw's for years with Webers so that's why it was easy. The jetting was close as it was run on a 350 already, I just had to change the idea jets. I use a sync tool to sync the carbs

How do you filter the air?
I didn't for a bit, but needed to make a decision on what I wanted to use...these IDA's were meant for racing so filters were not commonly used, but aftermarket Vw's suppliers made some available. I choose these Ramflo units, had to get them from Australia ....mate :) First photo is how I bought them, second is now.EBD0FEB3-.jpegJuly12018.jpeg

Thanks for those answers volksnut !

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back