Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My ProjecTee

17-22 windshield stanchions..jpg These arrived today. My windshield frame doesn't fit the current posts. My brass posts that I purchased before the current posts , worked with the windshield frame. They were made of brass ; I wanted steel posts. So I now have my third set of posts. The current posts look like my brass posts. So , i'm thinking they will work . I don't want to narrow my windshield frame.

I have a pair of stainless windshield support rods that are 66" long and better than Speedways for sale for
$70. plus shipping. DArn it says pic is too large <bwleve@yahoo.com>

I began glassing the large opening between the floor & the rear of the body. I'll take some photos for you guys tomorrow 5-20-19.

DSCN0580.JPG DSCN0581.JPG Here's the photos I promised. I screwed the original fiberglass piece to a piece of gorilla tape protected 1" x 3". The 1" x 3" is attached at both ends with a screw. The 1" x 3" is attached to the outside of the body. The remaining 9 screws were attached from the inside through the 1" x 3" located on the outside. I used gorilla tape to shield the screw heads. I have removed the gorilla tape & was going to remove the screws but I was side tracked. I began installing my recently purchased windshield posts.

DSCN0582.JPG I managed to remove half of the tape strips before getting side tracked. Now the screw heads are exposed for easy removal. I learned about covering the screw heads the hard way , of course.

Hi spanky ; years ago I attempted a t bucket build. After a few months of struggling I abandoned it. A few months later I attempted a 31 Austin America. I fabricated a tilt front end. It was a horrible job. I sold the big mess to a friend of the family for almost dirt. After that I went dormant on things fiberglass. I returned to my old stand by ; engine swapping ( Big engines into little cars ). My avatar is an engine & drive train swap. I've done a few of these "big into little", swaps in the past. It's all about power to weight ratio. I think my t bucket will be the ultimate power to weight ratio adventure. PS: I used the throw away t buckets frame for my 31 Austin America + a 68 corvette rear end. I've experienced a lot of trials & errors.

Last edited:
The good news for you is a lot of us on this forum have been through a build, and can give advice & suggestions, which I'll bet were not available to you in your other attempted projects.

Thanks Neshkoro , Spanky & Island Girl for your comments. I love getting feed back. My windshield post arrived a couple of days ago. So , I abandoned the large hole patching job & began installing the windshield posts.DSCN0583.JPG DSCN0584.JPG I had a problem fitting the windshield frame into the windshield posts. I believe I've found the problem. I took a couple of photos. What do you guys think ? FYI : I'm using 1917-1922 o.e.m windshield posts. I removed 4"s from the center of the vertical frame pieces. The frame was clamped in a jig & tig welded. The problem in my photos is located @ all 4 corners of the windshield frame. The windshield was this way when it arrived & Cherokee Automotive.

Last edited:
Has anyone ever received a windshield that had 4 warped corners ??

Fitting windshield posts to fiberglass T bodies is one of those headaches that we all have faced. Most people build up the glass area around the post before installing. I simply made sure I had good firm anchoring for the post with a piece of steel drilled to act like a big washer under the cowl. Fit is a little ugly, but . . . it's not a show car. And it sounds like you need a little hammer-on-flat-surface-time with that WS frame. :confused:

T-Bucket4.JPG

That kind of stuff requires a lot of fitting, sanding, filing, hammering, bondo, etc. Like Spanky said, they're not show cars! If it is a show car, just keep doing it until it's perfect.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back