Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My ProjecTee

I have to add about 1 1/2 "s to the top & sides. The dash has to stand 1 1/2 "s more away from the windshield area. I need room to install my defroster vents. I'll be doing glass work on the dash tomorrow , i'll take some photos.

DSCN0643.JPG DSCN0644.JPG DSCN0645.JPG DSCN0646.JPG DSCN0648.JPG DSCN0650.JPG Here's the photos I promised. The twin hood scoops actually were made for a Nissan 370z's side windows. They resemble spider jaws. I scrapped the rear spoiler buck. I have a better idea for a rear spoiler. Alisha suggested naming my t ,"creepy crawlers". I like that !

This coming Monday , i'll glass in some core mat on the backside of the dash. One layer should be all I need. I am pleased with the way the dashboard extension turned out.

Added 6 pieces of core mat to my dashboard. The core mat is easy to cut & the cuts are clean ( no fibers sticking out ). I may stop using fiberglass mat & use only core mat. What do you guys think ?

Added 6 pieces of core mat to my dashboard. The core mat is easy to cut & the cuts are clean ( no fibers sticking out ). I may stop using fiberglass mat & use only core mat. What do you guys think ?
For flat stuff only, or is it playable enough for contours as well? I haven’t used it yet, I do have numerous ply and weight cloth for different areas and that has been helpful to me. I ordered a array of material to have on hand so the project wouldn’t stall waiting on it... too bad life keeps getting in the way. I need to get back to it.

DSCN0653.JPG DSCN0654.JPG DSCN0655.JPG Look how clean & sharp the cuts are. They stay clean & sharp even after the resin has been applied. In the last photo there are 5 areas that are covered with core mat. The top of the dashboard is covered in the first photo. The core mat feels like foam rubber ( sorta ). Very impressive stuff.

I started the dreaded sanding portion. I'm using 36 grit sand paper to quickly cut down the high spots. Then I will apply body filler ( very thin ) & sand some more. I did a test fit today ; looks good.

The jagged edges below the core mat ( in the 1st photo ) are caused by the 2 oz mat, The core mat was glassed on top of the 2 oz mat.

I think it is pliable enough to be use on contours. Here's some photos from today's exciting adventures.DSCN0656.JPG DSCN0656.JPG DSCN0658.JPG DSCN0657.JPG I don't know how I ended up with duplicate photos. Anyway ; I drew a sketch on the dashboard. I reworked it until I liked it. I purchased some window film from home depot. Placed it on top of the sketch ( taped it in place ) & drew my lines on the window film. I sprayed some adhesive on some strange white poster board ( from tap plastics ). Placed the window film on top of the adhesive & used a piece of 2 " black abs pipe as a rolling pin. Voila ! No air bubbles. The poster board will be cut by following the design on the window film. I'll then have templates. I will use core mat to form my spider's legs. The numbers on the design designate how many pieces are to be cut for each color.

Attachments

• DSCN0657.JPG
    DSCN0657.JPG
    361.6 KB · Views: 8
DSCN0659.JPG DSCN0659.JPG DSCN0660.JPG DSCN0661.JPG In the top photo you'll see the pattern drawn on to a piece of window film. The film is then glued to the white plastic card board. I cut the pattern pieces out ( this gave me templates ). Then I placed my templates on top of the core mat & drew a line around the templates . The #'s 4,3,2 &1 are the amount of layers of core mat that will be piled on top of each other. This will give me some dimension.

Some of my photos are being duplicated. I don't know what is causing this to happen.

I thinks it may be due to double clicking on the insert full image button. Kinda remember it only needs a single click...

That's looking the part DR, have you thought about trying it all on one layer with the different colour inserts snugged up to each other, would still give the effect you're looking for I reckon. Just a thought, keep up the good work.
Regards,

I just checked when I uploaded a pic of my tank for I Girl. I am used to double clicking for most file tyres from explorer so do it as a matter of course.
Yep double clicked on insert full image and 2 of the same pic appeared in the post right after each other with no gap between them.

Just another tip. if you can place your cursor at the bottom right of the last pic you post and hit return, it should start your text below the last picture instead of at the bottom right hand corner of the last pic. I kinda have to find the start of your sentences when you post pics.

Hope you see this as help not criticism.....

G

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back