Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My ProjecTee

I'm returning the 2 locking door handles tomorrow. They DON'T LOCK. I've ordered a pair of NON - locking ones. The non-locking ones are OUT OF STOCK until 8-31-20. That brings my door mods to a screeching halt. LOL !!

Sorry, couldn't help myself, I'll grab me hat on the way out!

And by the way wash your hands now................Aust.........

I plan to have a closed sedan. I already have the fiberglass hardtop. I also have a heater / defroster unit. I'm trying to build a t bucket that can be driven all year long. This has been my goal from the very beginning. I've owned 3 Miatas in the past. I purchased hardtops for everyone of them. I had mini - coupes when i put on the hardtops. I favor ( prefer ) coupes.

I'm still working on the door. My gaps are getting better. I want to get my gaps right before i move on to door handle & latch installation.

I'm still working on the door. My gaps are getting better. I want to get my gaps right before i move on to door handle & latch installation.
I spent a lot of time and effort doing the same and reinforcing the body to prevent it from changing or flexing and creating misalignment issues. Remember to have the body mounted to the frame and setting on the tires as it will be when in use when fitting the door(s).

I already have that. The body is mounted & bolted to the chassis & sitting on all 4 tires. Don't forget , the door well @ door were made from the same molds as the body. I paid for an extra door & door well when i ordered the body & frame from R.P.M.

s-l1600.jpg This arrived today. They fit a 32 ford & they lock. The 28 ford door handles were returned to speedway because they didn't lock. The 32 handles also fit the universal door latches. All i need to do is mount them & make a striker plate.

DSCN0935.JPG DSCN0936.JPG DSCN0937.JPG DSCN0938.JPG DSCN0939.JPG I got tired of working on the door so i installed a pair of Buick hood louvers. Then , i went back to the door & made some more progress in that area. PS : These hood louvers are functional. I plan to purchase the hood sides from Speedway Motors in the future. I plan to glass my custom headlight housing's to the hood's sides.

Hi Spanky , it's been up on it's wheels for several months now. The " put together " part is a different story. I'm still working on the widened door & door well.

Looking good. Are you going to fill the hollow part of the doors with something like foam? I would take a little of the rumble out.

That handle recess was a good idea :thumbsup:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back