Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My ProjecTee

DSCN0952.JPG Thanks for your compliment choppinczech. The latch area looks a lot better today after some cosmetics.

Last edited:
I tried polyester felt for the first time when i made the hand recess. The stuff really soaks up the resin. I added a coremat layer to the backside for strength.

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics, DR. It gives us some perspective on your project. Coming right along! Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

I had more room to work when most of the progress was made. I'm working on pieces of the project in my home shop. I refuse to work out in direct sunlight where the temperatures are 100+ degrees. My home shop has a breeze way.

I still plan to add more glass to the 1" wide upholstery border. I haven't glassed it to the door yet. I am extremely pleased with the results. Everything fits together real good. I plan to replace the screws that are attached to the outside door handle. Hoping to find some stainless steel replacements. The screws are 1/4" x 3/4" with a 20 thread pitch.

I still plan to add more glass to the 1" wide upholstery border. I haven't glassed it to the door yet. I am extremely pleased with the results. Everything fits together real good. I plan to replace the screws that are attached to the outside door handle. Hoping to find some stainless steel replacements. The screws are 1/4" x 3/4" with a 20 thread pitch.

They look like flat heads, some Allen head flats seated flush would look great.

I purchased some black countersunk bolts that had an Allen bolt head , i used them to mount my door hinge. I bought them at Lowes. I can't seem to located them in order to buy some more. Looked for them today with NO success.

Non critical bolts..... Efray

I purchased 4 door handle bolts from Ecklers ( supposed to fit reproduction handles ). They're supposed to arrive near the end of this week. I believe they are stainless steel.

How will you attach that to the door panel? I don't think fiberglass sticks to ABS plastic very well. :rolleyes:

I'm going to epoxy the 3 tabs ( on the cupholder) to the underside of the fiber glass panel. After the epoxy sets up, i will add epoxy to the outside of the 3 tabs ( on cupholder ). I will add the piece of fiberglass marked " cut out " to the 3 epoxied tabs. I have some clay like weather sealer ( for cold air drafts ). I will seal the gaps inside the cupholder , then i'll glass the " cut out" piece of glass to the underside of the glass panel. VOILA ! done deal. If i don't do this ; everything i place in the storage pocket / cupholder , will fall inside the door. OOPS!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back